Topic Guide on Conflict
This topic guide covers issues surrounding violent conflict. It provides an overview of key topics ranging from the causes, dynamics and impacts of conflict to options for interventions to prevent, manage, and respond to conflict.
This guide on violent conflict is divided into five main sections:
- Chapter 1: Understanding violent conflict
- Chapter 2: Living in conflict affected areas: focus on women, children and youth
- Chapter 3: Preventing and managing violent conflict
- Chapter 4: Recovering from violent conflict
- Chapter 5: Intervening in conflict-affected areas
The guide highlights key issues and debates for each topic covered and identifies relevant references. Clicking on the link in a document title will take the reader to a more extensive summary in the GSDRC document library, which includes a direct link to the original document.