The Learning Portal for Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DM&E) for Peacebuilding is a community of practice for DM&E peacebuilding professionals. It provides a transparent and collaborative space for the sharing of:
- Evaluation reports and data
- Methodologies and tools
- Best and emerging practices
- DM&E events and opportunities
By making this material easily accesible we hope to improve the practice of DM&E for peacebuilding and increase the effectiveness of peacebuilding programs.
5 Reasons to Sign Up!
- Find and access a range of resources for DM&E for peacebuilding
- Find DM&E events, jobs, consultants and funding
- Connect with like-minded peers
- Contribute your knowledge and best practices
- It's free!
Search for Common Ground
Search for Common Ground's (SFCG) mission is to transform how individuals, organizations and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. With headquarters in Washington, DC, we design and implement multifaceted programs that aim to resolve conflict and prevent violence. We seek to help conflicting parties to understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 400 staff worldwide, SFCG implements projects from 28 offices in 20 countries, including in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, the United States and Africa.
The Common Ground News Service (CGNews) distributes five timely, constructive articles on Muslim-Western issues to thousands of editors and subscribers around the world in Arabic, English, French, Hebrew, Indonesian and Urdu each week. CGNews articles have been reprinted over 30,000 times in more than 3,000 media outlets around the world. McClatchy-Tribune Information Services recently began distributing select CGNews articles to its media partners, which include 450 news outlets worldwide. Each CGNews article is reprinted in an average of 30 online publications.
CGNews is a project of SFCG’s Partners in Humanity programme, which promotes Muslim-Western understanding through training individuals to use the media for positive change, bringing together influential leaders, amplifying the voices of women and youth and distributing articles through CGNews.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will play a vital role in tracking the reach of CGNews articles in global media and will provide reports for CGNews authors, media outlets and funders. This position reports to the Partners in Humanity Program Coordinator/Managing Editor and can be done from the SFCG office or remotely. SFCG seeks a 6-month commitment for this position, which would be ideal for a graduate student or entry-level professional seeking greater experience in Muslim-Western issues, international affairs or global media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track all CGNews articles in the six languages of publication using Google and Yahoo search functionalities in a custom-designed database
- Enter basic information about reprints, including links, into database
- Enter information and do basic research on new outlets reprinting CGNews articles
- Compile weekly reports on article republications for distribution to staff, authors, media outlets and funders
- Additional data entry assistance as needed
- Previous experience in internet research for academic or professional work
- Experience in data entry
- Background in Muslim-Western understanding or Middle Eastern studies
- Familiarity with social media sites
- Ability to work independently
- Arabic or French language skills a plus, but not essential
$15/hour, approx. 10 hours per week
Please send a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com or fax to +1 (202) 232-6718 with the subject heading: Common Ground News Service Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant. Please be sure to include your projected start date, and to mention where you found this posting. No phone calls please. Position is open until filled. Please see our web site www.sfcg.orgApplication Deadline