The Learning Portal for Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DM&E) for Peacebuilding is a community of practice for DM&E peacebuilding professionals. It provides a transparent and collaborative space for the sharing of:
- Evaluation reports and data
- Methodologies and tools
- Best and emerging practices
- DM&E events and opportunities
By making this material easily accesible we hope to improve the practice of DM&E for peacebuilding and increase the effectiveness of peacebuilding programs.
5 Reasons to Sign Up!
- Find and access a range of resources for DM&E for peacebuilding
- Find DM&E events, jobs, consultants and funding
- Connect with like-minded peers
- Contribute your knowledge and best practices
- It's free!
Johannesburg, Nairobi, Dakar, Rio, Brussels, Bangkok
See the attached Job Description for further details...
To provide leadership and advice in supporting ActionAid International to meet ALPS requirements at all levels and that the system remains dynamic and relevant.
To advise ActionAid International on effective and appropriate methodologies and frameworks for measuring progress and impact at global level.
To set optimum levels of learning, reporting and accountability and ensure that they are met.
To engage in both internal federation and external forums and debates on accountability, impact assessment and learning approaches and methodologies, to learn from and influence positively the practice and policies of other agencies, donors and institutions.
To ensure and document the highest standards of accountability which can be used to influence sector.
Knowledge and Experience
- A strong leader with the potential to develop authority, credibility and visibility throughout the organisation
- Demonstrated theoretical and practical rigour in M and E approaches and systems
- Proven ability to deliver and coordinate projects within multifunctional teams and international teams, where there is no direct line authority
- Good people management skills and ability to work in a team across a large organisation and distance manage
- At least 5-7 years experience in monitoring, learning and evaluation work with an international development/human rights agency
- At least 3 years experience of strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation /impact assessment work at country level.
- Practical experience of participatory methodologies and approaches and excellent facilitation skills
- Up to date knowledge of current debates and best practice in strategic planning, M&E and impact assessment work
- Proven experience of designing and conducting cross sector reviews and evaluations
- Good communicator and ability to influence thinking and practice across the sector on evaluation and accountability issues
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and spoken.
- Strong advisory skills
- Strong commitment to women’s rights and demonstrated experience of advancing women’s rights
- A commitment to develop, promote and practice AAI’s vision, mission, values and strategy
- A strong commitment to human rights and socio economic justice & proven track record in exercising human rights
- Strong and effective communication skills, with proven ability to negotiate and influence change, with sensitivity
- Willingness to travel up to 10 weeks per year
Education and Desired Experience
- Relevant Post Graduate Degree and/or Certifications
- Experience of working in a similar capacity for an international organisation
- Ability to communicate in languages other than English, particularly French, Spanish, Portuguese, Urdu, Hindi, Bengali, or Swahili
£54, 372 base salary