The Learning Portal for Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DM&E) for Peacebuilding is a community of practice for DM&E peacebuilding professionals. It provides a transparent and collaborative space for the sharing of:
- Evaluation reports and data
- Methodologies and tools
- Best and emerging practices
- DM&E events and opportunities
By making this material easily accesible we hope to improve the practice of DM&E for peacebuilding and increase the effectiveness of peacebuilding programs.
5 Reasons to Sign Up!
- Find and access a range of resources for DM&E for peacebuilding
- Find DM&E events, jobs, consultants and funding
- Connect with like-minded peers
- Contribute your knowledge and best practices
- It's free!
Internews Network is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist candidate for our program in Pakistan. The goal of the program is to support the professionalization and empowerment of independent media in Pakistan.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for the development, implementation and strengthening of monitoring and evaluation systems and methodologies for the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Ensure adherence to the project performance monitoring during project implementation.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tools and systems that effectively track project deliverables and progress.
- Create evaluation frameworks including specific methodologies to conduct project evaluations.
- Conduct or oversee baseline, mid-line and end-line data gathering exercises and gather data into a reportable format.
- Devise quantitative and qualitative indicators, benchmarks and data sources for program deliverables.
- Organize M&E site visits to ascertain status of project achievements and undertake interviews and discussions with program staff and stakeholders.
- Record data and prepare reports following each program monitoring visit.
- Provide pertinent monitoring and evaluation data to the Chief of Party to strategically inform decisions on project implementation.
- Document best practices and success stories and prepare documentation for public relations purposes.
- Assist Chief of Party with preparation of high quality reporting to donors that highlight project achievements and milestones.
- English language skills required.
- Relevant university degree in social sciences field with specific focus on monitoring and evaluation and research studies.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of large internationally funded democracy and governance programs, preferably media development programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate M&E requirements and outcomes to project colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators. Good working knowledge of statistics and ability to obtain, analyze and interpret data and present findings in written and oral form.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection/survey design, implementation and analysis.
- Competent in qualitative methodologies and participatory assessments.
- Competent in MS Excel, word processing, Power Point and experience using statistical programs such as SPSS.
- Knowledge of Pakistan and the current social, political and economic circumstances in the country desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID and other donor approaches to media development and familiarity with efforts to apply a media lens to development work;
- Experience in other challenging environments and flexibility to apply lessons learned from other contexts;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please visit Internews’ website to apply: