The Learning Portal for Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DM&E) for Peacebuilding is a community of practice for DM&E peacebuilding professionals. It provides a transparent and collaborative space for the sharing of:
- Evaluation reports and data
- Methodologies and tools
- Best and emerging practices
- DM&E events and opportunities
By making this material easily accesible we hope to improve the practice of DM&E for peacebuilding and increase the effectiveness of peacebuilding programs.
5 Reasons to Sign Up!
- Find and access a range of resources for DM&E for peacebuilding
- Find DM&E events, jobs, consultants and funding
- Connect with like-minded peers
- Contribute your knowledge and best practices
- It's free!
Company Profile: SSG Advisors is an international consulting firm based in Burlington, Vermont, USA, that works with a variety of government and commercial clients on market-driven sustainable development solutions around the world. Since 2005, we have completed assignments in nearly 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America.
Project/Proposal Summary: The purpose of this project (SAFE) is to provide technical support towards peace building and conflict mitigation in Uganda. SAFE will strengthen mechanisms for resolution of conflicts over land, oil and ethnic diversity. It will further enhance the capacity of local actors to prevent violent conflict and transform them into peaceful outcomes while promoting reconciliation. SAFE will focus on the oil rich Albertine region, the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) affected Northern Uganda, and Central Uganda as primary entry points.
Position Summary: SSG has an immediate opening for a skilled Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist with experience in the use of performance based management for results approaches. The specialist must be able to apply their skills to national, regional and local institutions in Uganda and in the internal operations of the project.
*Please note: This is a local position. Only Ugandan citizens are eligible for consideration. *
Responsibilities: The position is expected to begin in February 2012 and run periodically over a five-year period. The responsibilities of the M&E Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Working with the US-based Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor to finalize and implement the project’s results-based Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan:
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting on indicator-based performance, including performance reports for both USAID and SSG Advisors
- Managing the mid-term evaluation;
- Managing M&E and operations research data;
- Ensuring data quality, including data provided by partners;
- Ensuring sufficient management information systems and data quality among partners to facilitate timely and accurate reporting;
- Supporting project management to conduct operations research as required, for example through the following illustrative tasks:
- Design of survey questionnaires and other survey tools;
- Development of data collection protocols;
- Assistance in management and oversight of survey work
- Data analysis
- Literature reviews
- Review of reports
- Producing required reporting content and documents, as stipulated by project’s contract
- Management and oversight of M&E fields staff and short-term survey and operations research hires, for example through the following illustrative tasks:
- Ensuring that M&E field staff conduct monitoring data collection and reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Providing capacity-building as necessary for M&E field staff to complete their tasks effectively
- Ensuring the short-term survey and operations research hires complete their assigned tasks an follow appropriate protocols
- Working with US-based M&E Advisor along with other project staff as needed
- Review of key project documentation, including reports, contracts, work plans,
- At least five years of proven experience in:
- The planning and implementation of M&E systems;
- Quantitative monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including experience with evaluations;
- Data management, data quality review, processing, and analysis;
- Conducting training on M&E topics; and
- Report writing;
- Understanding of operations research and rigorous evaluation methodologies;
- Familiarity with conflict mitigation programming in development contexts a plus;
- Strong management, organizational, and communications skills.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits.
- Fluency in English; proficiency in Kiswahili desirable.
- Proficiency in data analysis software and other computer processing.
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Uganda M&E Specialist” in the subject line by December 15th, 2011. Please note: only Ugandan citizens are eligible for consideration. Please include samples of previous work. Only finalists will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please.Application Deadline