The Learning Portal for Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DM&E) for Peacebuilding is a community of practice for DM&E peacebuilding professionals. It provides a transparent and collaborative space for the sharing of:
- Evaluation reports and data
- Methodologies and tools
- Best and emerging practices
- DM&E events and opportunities
By making this material easily accesible we hope to improve the practice of DM&E for peacebuilding and increase the effectiveness of peacebuilding programs.
5 Reasons to Sign Up!
- Find and access a range of resources for DM&E for peacebuilding
- Find DM&E events, jobs, consultants and funding
- Connect with like-minded peers
- Contribute your knowledge and best practices
- It's free!
Development and Training Services (DTS)
Congo, the Democratic Republic of the
Development & Training Services, Inc.
Title: Gender Specialist
Location: Democratic Republic of Congo
dTS is a strategic management consulting firm leading initiatives in social and economic development worldwide with a view to promoting equality and accountability. In recent years, dTS has worked in over 60 countries and provided gender integration, training and capacity building, and monitoring and evaluation services to USAID and the World Bank.
dTS is seeking a Gender Specialist for a USAID funded Monitoring and Evaluation Project in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Gender Specialist will conduct a gender assessment to guide the Mission’s strategic planning process. The gender assessment will contribute to meeting the objectives of the Global Health Initiative (GHI) strategy. The assessment will also identify gender-related opportunities, constraints, gaps, and potential approaches to increase gender equity and access to development outcomes for men and women, boys and girls; and identify and assess broader systemic and structural issues within the DRC.
Gender Specialists should meet the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree, PhD preferred, preferably in Anthropology, Sociology, International Development or related field (required)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in international development operations (required)
- Minimum of 7 years experience in gender assessments, mainstreaming and integration (required)
- Experience working with USAID and other large international donors (required)
- Experience in the Democratic Republic of Congo and/or surrounding countries in the region
- French fluency (required)
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Detail oriented and organized
- Good problem solving skills
- Team oriented individual
- High level of proficiency in MS Office applications and databases
Qualified candidates with relevant experience should send a current résumé and cover letter email@example.com and should mention where the ad was seen. In the subject line, please indicate “Gender Specialist - DRC.” No phone calls please. dTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.