Using Rapid Appraisal Methods
BENEFITS – WHEN TO USE RAPID APPRAISAL METHODS
Rapid appraisals are quick and can be done at relatively low cost. Rapid appraisal methods can help gather, analyze, and report relevant information for decision-makers within days or weeks. This is not possible with sample surveys. RAs can be used in the following cases:
- for formative evaluations, to make mid-course corrections in project design or implementation when customer or partner feedback indicates a problem (See ADS 126.96.36.199);
- when a key management decision is required and there is inadequate information;
- for performance monitoring, when data are collected and the techniques are repeated over time for measurement purposes;
- to better understand the issues behind performance monitoring data; and
- for project pre-design assessment.