ABA ROLI, Executive Office Internship
American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Legal Internship Program
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) is pleased to consider applications for its Fall 2018 Internship Program. ABA ROLI serves as the international development wing of the American Bar Association and seeks to promote justice, economic opportunity, and human dignity through the rule of law. ABA ROLI seeks interns to assist headquarters staff with a wide variety of the day-to-day support functions that are pertinent to the operations of an international NGO. Legal internships are available to graduate students, law students, and recent graduates of post-grad degree programs depending on current staffing needs. Dates and daily schedules may be flexible in response to departmental needs, and correspond roughly to academic terms for spring, summer, and fall semesters. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Terms of the Program:
Interns for ABA ROLI will work with staff of their assigned division to gain an understanding of international development programs and international rule of law issues. In general, ABA ROLI offers International Development and Legal Internships, which differ somewhat in their expected responsibilities and desired applicant profiles. International Development openings will support various aspects of program implementation for DC-based regional and support teams, while Legal openings will be more heavily research-based and tailored toward graduate and law students. For more information on the ABA ROLI International Development Internship Program, which is separate from the Legal Internship, please visit: https://www.devex.com/jobs/aba-roli-international-development-internships-spring-2018-518939
Although these are unpaid positions, interns at ABA ROLI are eligible for a wide variety of perks and learning opportunities including:
- Transportation reimbursement up to $15.00/day
- Field trips to D.C. legal destinations such as the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Supreme Court and Library of Congress
- Brown-bag lunches with ABA ROLI staff and guest speakers
Job Summary: Executive Office, Development and Operations Intern
- The intern will support the Executive Office by designing and integrating innovative solutions to support knowledge management and organizational design, ensuring that ABA ROLI’s know-how, information, and collective experience are effectively shared across the organization.
- Help design, maintain, and share organizational know-how in online published formats including Google Drive, Google Docs, and process mapping.
- Collaborate with the ABA Development team to help with donor mapping and research of US and non-US foundations as needed.
- Strategize creative outreach mechanisms for increasing awareness of ABA ROLI’s work.
Undergraduate and MA students pursuing degrees in Office Administration, Marketing, Communications, Government Affairs, or Public Policy. Strong research, analytical, communication, and organization skills.
How To Apply
How to apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: 11/26/2018
Application Deadline: 11/23/2018
1050 Connecticut Ave NW,20036 Washington DC,United States