ABA ROLI, Senior Technical Advisor (Staff)
ABA Rule of Law Initiative
This Senior Technical Advisor will provide programmatic guidance, technical advice, counsel, and other support to ROLI’s Research, Evaluation, and Learning team. Substantive areas of work will include criminal law reform, access to justice, internet freedom, trafficking, women’s rights, and other rule of law issues.
- Responsible for the development, oversight, and management of special projects related to a substantive reform area, e.g., criminal law reform, access to justice, internet freedom, trafficking, women’s rights
- Serves as a subject matter expert and advisor/resource for DC and field staff, particularly for program and proposal development.
- Develops and assists in the coordination and management of US and field-based special events and regional workshops.
- Directs efforts to investigate and pursue program development/expansion opportunities and coordinates the development and maintenance of relationships with U.S.-based funders/partners. Assists in the development and maintenance of funder/partner relationships in the field.
- Provides subject matter expertise as a speaker/presenter at international conferences/symposia, authors academic articles, pursues leadership roles in appropriate boards and committees, and participates in the international efforts to develop standards on rule of law reform.
- Manages relevant substantive practice group.
- Prepares U.S. and field-based assessments of draft law, concept papers, and research.
- Coordinates the implementation and management of relevant assessment tools and methodologies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Possession of a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school or recognized foreign law school, or possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least ten years’ experience in one or more thematic areas.
- At least eight years’ experience in international development.
- Familiarity with evaluation, effectiveness analysis, and knowledge management
- French, Spanish, or Arabic language skills
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter on our website here.
Type: Full Time
Start date: 04/01/2019
Application Deadline: 03/29/2019
1050 Connecticut Ave NW,20036 Washington DC,United States