First 5 Monterey County
Ms. Joanna Jensen - Administrative Manager
First 5 Monterey County
The Bright Beginnings Initiative supports communities to identify and implement local systems change and practical solutions for children from the prenatal stage through 3rd grade. Bright Beginnings uses a Collective Impact Framework to ensure mutual ownership, build consensus, and engender sustainable outcomes. The work at the community level also informs local, state and federal systems/policy change.
This position provides leadership and strategic management for the Bright Beginnings initiative as a whole, coordinating partners and mobilizing the community to achieve our shared goals, while ensuring Bright Beginnings adheres to its vision, mission and values.
The Lead/Director draws on collective impact best practices to manage the overall implementation of Bright Beginnings and helps partners understand and work in alignment with the Initiative’s Strategic Plan (see the full job description to read the plan). Develops engagement and outreach strategies for key stakeholders and specific audiences. Supports community leadership tables (six Collaborative Action Teams) to implement effective projects at the local levels using effective project management approaches, continuous quality improvement, and design-thinking.
- Innovative and creative thinking with a commitment and ability to create the conditions for community led systems and practice change.
- Familiarity with collective impact approaches to cross sector collaboration, including a strong understanding of systems change conditions and equity principles. Experience with Results-based Leadership (Results Count).
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work autonomously under the pressure of deadlines.
- Superior writing skills with the ability to translate complex issues into a level appropriate for the general population and policymakers.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a variety of audiences, including community advocates, service providers, members of the public, and local officials.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Bilingual/bi-literate in Spanish is highly desired, but not a prerequisite.
- Ability to work with diverse people, communities, and cultures, with an understanding of cultural awareness practices.
- Knowledge of prenatal and early childhood development.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively within this highly collaborative and diverse work environment
Given the broad support function of this position, this an illustrative, not exhaustive list of the tasks and qualifications that may be required. See the job description for full details and requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements: Any combination of education, work experience and training which substantially provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities as stated in this job description will be considered. Examples are as follows: Master’s Degree in social science, public health, human sciences or related degree and three or more years’ relevant experience; or a Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of relevant work experience.
How To Apply
For more information and to apply – https://first5monterey.applicantpro.com/jobs/1032889.html
Type: Full Time
Start date: 07/01/2019