Call for applications (Roster) – Consultants on conflict sensitivity and sustaining peace
United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC)
Ms. Lorraine Charbonnier
The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) is the UN’s system-wide knowledge management and learning institution created in 2002 by the General Assembly as a direct response to long-standing perceptions on the need to strengthen the effectiveness of the international civil service and to foster a cohesive organizational culture across the UN system.
As part of its portfolio, the UNSSC KCSP offers a series of capacity building workshops and training courses related to conflict analysis and conflict-sensitive planning/programming. The main objective of such activities is to equip UN staff and key partners with the required mindset, knowledge and practical skills to systematically apply conflict-sensitive approaches to field-focused planning and programming in order to effectively contribute to preventing violent conflicts and sustaining peace across the humanitarian-development-peace continuum.
UNSSC is currently looking for Consultants for the design, development and delivery of training and learning activities on various thematic areas related to the fields of conflict-sensitivity, peacebuilding and sustaining peace (e.g. conflict analysis, conflict sensitive and peacebuilding programming, M&E, etc.).
Consultants should possess the following qualifications:
– Master’s degree (or above) in Peace and Conflict Studies, Political Science or related topics
– Rich experience in designing and delivering online and/or face-to-face training for a variety of audiences (UN and non-UN)
– Proven experience in facilitating multi-cultural group exercises and managing participatory learning workshops
– Experience with multilateral organizations, preferably the UN
– Excellent English or French or Spanish writing and speaking skills. The ability to facilitate and/or deliver training sessions in Arabic or Russian is an asset
– Strong technical and analytical capacities
– Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
– Strong technological skills
– Collaborative working style and ability to work with diverse audiences
How To Apply
Terms and conditions to submit the application are described in the “Request for Proposal RFP_2019_12” available on UNSSC website at: https://www.unssc.org/about-unssc/commercial-opportunities/
Application Deadline: 12/20/2019