CEA Grants Management Intern
Search For Common Ground
Search’s Central and East Africa (CEA) team is looking for a Grants Management intern who will assist the team in supporting programs for sustainable peace and conflict transformation in the region and will have the opportunity to practice high-level, professional skills in an international organization. The Central and East Africa regional team manages a diverse range of programming across an array of country and conflict contexts, with projects currently ongoing in Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Burundi, Tanzania, Rwanda, Sudan, and South Sudan. The regional portfolio addresses critical conflict transformation and peacebuilding thematics including security sector reform, sustainable business practice, community violence prevention, reconciliation and social cohesion through a range of innovative programmatic tools and methodologies.
The Regional Grants Management Itnern will provide critical support to reporting, grant management and communications. S/he will report to the Regional Program Manager and work in close collaboration with the Regional Program Associate, Regional Program Coordinator and country teams.
Preferably based in Search’s Washington, D.C. headquarters, but other candidates are welcome to apply. There is no expected travel.*Please note that this internship will be remote until stay-at-home and shelter-in-place restrictions due to COVID-19 have been removed**
- Provide support and consultation during the start up phase (contract review, hiring process, ToRs, start-up outputs, and others).
- Assist in maintaining and updating Grants Management Dashboard for the region on a monthly basis
- Supporting regional communications activities, including compiling updates from country offices, revamping website content, and creating visibility pieces for social media
- Assist in tracking grant deliverables (costed workplans, budget meetings, report submissions) and report to the Regional Director on a quarterly basis
- Participate and take notes in meetings with country teams and regional team at key points in the project cycle (start up, reporting, closeout, etc)
- Provide direct support on various grants management and liase with country teams as needed
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills (required)
- A self-starting, detail-oriented and flexible approach to tasks (required)
- Demonstrated interest in the CEA region and/or conflict resolution (required)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines (required)
- Excellent attention to detail (required)
- Degree in relevant subject
- Fluency or advanced proficiency in French, with a particular focus on writing
- Practical experience with grants management
- Interest in and knowledge of conflict resolution
- Experience working in a conflict resolution setting
- Experience working at a non-governmental organization/non-profit or similar environment
- International experience, preferably in developing countries. Undergraduates (juniors and seniors), graduate students, and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
How To Apply
This position will close on September 1st.