Search For Common Ground
- Key Area 1: Support and develop Communities of Practice that promote learning in the peacebuilding field and demonstrate Search’s thought leadership. This area of work is focused on the development of the new online community of practice that connects Search’s work with partners and practitioners responding to Covid-19 in conflict-affected contexts. This area of work also will include support to other Communities of Practice associated with other projects at Search.
- Key Area 2: Day-to-day maintenance of the new community of practice website and management of all communications tied to the platform. This area of work includes the development of an audience engagement strategy that connects partner organizations and solicits input from the wider field, content and communications calendars, social media management, email outreach, and identification of potential collaboration opportunities. The Communications Officer will review and respond to daily requests for membership and questions or comments from community members on the platform. The Officer will be responsible for drafting quarterly reports on the platform’s progress, platform analytics, and performance metrics.
- Key Area 3: Design and produce graphic summaries, and data visualizations, of key resources and learning generated through Search for Common Ground’s projects and, specifically, the work of the Institutional Learning Team. This area of work requires the ability to take dense concepts and data, and turn it into accessible and digestible content.
- Experience working in communications for rapid response, humanitarian, and/or public health programming
- 5 years of experience in communications in a non-profit, NGO setting;
- Experience in developing innovative, organic communication strategies.
- Fluent English, with French preferred
- Experience working with a range of web platforms including WordPress and SquareSpace
- Experience working with digital communities or online Communities of Practice
- Demonstrated skills in communication campaign design, including email outreach and social media;Experience in graphic design and familiarity with data visualization
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience working with Google Analytics
- Experience working with data, conducting data analysis, and turning data into easily understood concepts
- Knowledge of SEO
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to think outside the box, and enjoys new technology
- Must enjoy working independently, as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with a proactive approach
- Ability to work across teams and with colleagues in other locations
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Degree in communications, peacebuilding, public health, development, or related fields
- Experience developing and implementing successful communications campaigns
- Experience working in peacebuilding and conflict-transformation
How To Apply
Closing Date: 6/19/20
*This position can be based in Brussels, Belgium or Washington DC. Please apply to the location where you are able to be based*
To apply, please visit:
Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: 06/19/2020