Consultancy: Final Evaluation of Project
Search For Common Ground
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international conflict transformation NGO that aims to transform the way individuals, groups, governments and companies deal with conflict, away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative solutions. Headquartered in Washington DC, USA, and Brussels, Belgium, with field offices in 35 countries, SFCG designs and implements multifaceted, culturally appropriate and conflict-sensitive programs using a diverse range of tools, including media and training, to promote dialogue, increase knowledge and determine a positive shift in behaviors.
Search for Common Ground (Search) South Sudan, in partnership with Ana-Taban, Crown the Woman (CTW), National Women’s Empowerment & Rehabilitation Organization (NWERO), Catholic Radio Network (CRN), and Eye Radio with funding from UN-Peace building fund have been implementing 18-month project (Strengthening Young Women’s Participation in Local and National Peace Processes in South Sudan) that aimed at equipping and empowering young women with knowledge, skills and opportunities to contribute to the peace process at the local and national level, reinforce their collective power, and challenge the social stereotypes and barriers that hinder their equal participation. The project has been implemented through its partners in four main locations: Bor, Torit, Aweil and Juba.
Search is seeking a competent consultant to conduct evaluation of the project, that was implemented alongside its key partners, with an aim to ascertain whether the desired change has been achieved as well as providing the key stakeholders with the relevant information on how to program better future project. The findings will also help inform the key stakeholders on how much impact has been created within the four project locations towards ensuring that the young women participation in the efforts have been strengthened as well as capturing some of the key learnings for better programming of a similar project.
– Preparing project inception report with clear methodology, sampling and assessment approaches
– Conduct comprehensive desk reviews and analysis of all the project documents and literature to inform the field work and report drafting
Develop and validate assessment tools, field plans and field guides
– Facilitate two working group consultations (organized by Search for Common Ground) and present the draft document to the key stakeholders. – – Finalize the document and incorporate all of the input from stakeholders
Conduct high quality interviews and discussions with assessment participants/key stakeholders
– Analyzing, interpreting, synthesizing and triangulating data from desk reviews, observations and qualitative surveys conducted
– Drafting a comprehensive preliminary report with findings, discussions, conclusions and contextual recommendations to inform policy and programmatic interventions
– Preparation and facilitating stakeholders’ workshop to disseminate study findings
– Submission of the databases to Search
– PowerPoint presentation of findings
– Incorporating stakeholders’ feedback into final reports in an appropriate format
– Undertake collection of all the required data/information from various sources, including Government departments, Ministries and other relevant sources
– A Final Report in English (40 pages max in length, excluding appendices)
– Advanced university degree in social sciences, economics or law (preferred)
– At least 5-7 years of professional work experience; knowledge of peacebuilding activities and previous work in South Sudan
– Experience in evaluating youth and gender focused projects and familiarity with development
– Previous history of conducting a similar evaluation in a similar context
– Excellent analytical skills and high level written and oral communications skills in English
– Understanding of issues impacting youth in South Sudan
– Experience conducting both quantitative and qualitative surveys and analysis
– Basic knowledge of youth activities in peacebuilding initiatives
– Working knowledge of Juba Arabic (preferred)
– Highly developed self-management, and communication skills
How To Apply
Interested parties are requested to submit a technical proposal explaining their comprehension of the consultancy, and how they would approach this assignment with a summary of their methodology especially in terms of how the party plans to meet the objectives.
The application should include CVs of the persons to be involved in the assignment, relevant experience, a detailed budget in USD and time availability.
All proposals should be submitted via Search for Common Ground online portal.
To apply, please visit:
Application Deadline: 04/30/2021
, ,Sudan, South