Consultancy: Local Peace Committees in Ninewa end of project evaluation
Mr. Vincent Vrijhoef - Program Manager, Iraq
(Please refer to Request for Proposals and Terms of Reference below for additional details.)
The objectives of the evaluation are to:
• Assess the relevance, effectiveness, and impact of the program (incl. the response to the Covid-19 crisis)
• Provide lessons for the next phase of PAX’s programming in Ninewa
More detailed lines of inquiry are available in the ToR.
The evaluation should preferably beginning of April 2021, with a final report due by June 30, 2021. The evaluation will be carried out by a consultant/team of consultants. The lead consultant will be responsible for the final report. The evaluator(s) should meet the following requirements:
– Extensive experience in conducting gender-sensitive evaluations, experience with outcome harvesting is a strong asset
– Experience with Conflict Analysis and Theory of Change approach
– Knowledge of and experience with peacebuilding, Do-no-harm frameworks
– Knowledge of peace committees and storytelling as interventions is an asset
– Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic; Kurdish is an asset
– Extensive field experience in the Middle East, preferably Iraq
– Excellent report writing and analytical skills, including proven ability to form concise, actionable recommendations
– Able to conduct field work in Iraq (Ninewa) (in line with PAX security protocol) and/or remote data collection (if needed)
– Strong facilitation, presentation and intercultural communication skills
How To Apply
Interested applicants should provide a current CV (for each of the team members) and a max 3-4 page statement of interest/abridged proposal. These materials should clearly outline the candidate’s 1) key skills and experience that are relevant to this evaluation, as well as 2) any key standards or principles that inform their work. The proposal should include a concise description of 3) the evaluation approach and core data collection methods, including an identification of 4) possible data limitations and ways to mitigate them (recognizing that the applicant is operating with only the limited information provided in the Terms of Reference.) Applicants should also provide 5) a summary budget and cost justification, and the names and contact details for 6) two recent references.
Please submit all application materials by email to Vincent Vrijhoef
(firstname.lastname@example.org) with CC to Line Rajab (email@example.com) before 17:00 CET on 21 March 2021.