Consultant: Project Start-up
Search For Common Ground
*Please note that this consultancy is contingent upon contract award*
Search for Common Ground (Search) is applying for a UK/CSSF grant. The CSSF opportunity aims to address the push and pull factors of violent extremism to prevent radicalization in at-risk communities and groups in Northern Mozambique, as well as assist the international community and national authorities to improve capacity for conflict management and prevention and coordination of humanitarian and development assistance in Northern Mozambique.
Search seeks a Consultant to lead project start-up in the Cabo Delgado province of Mozambique. This involves supporting registration and other administrative aspects, liaising with relevant central, provincial and local authorities, establishing partnerships, and developing the foundations of the program operations in the area.
- Build positive and productive relations with government authorities, local partners, and communities
- Establish an atmosphere of responsibility for the mission of the organization and accountability to the stakeholders
- Establish working collaboration with implementing partners on implementation of programs
- Support the registration of the organization with the relevant government institutions
- Assist in the development of project strategies
- Support the roll-out of baseline assessments.
- Maintain familiarity with the requirements and compliance procedures of donors and local laws/regulations
- Support the establishment of operations and the development of an operational budget
- Contract different service providers
- Prepare financial status and project progress reports, and other information as required
- Collaborate closely with the Swahili Coast Team and Central and East Africa Team
- Master’s degree in community development/social science discipline, conflict resolution or equivalent relevant work experience
- 8+ years’ experience managing development programs in an NGO, preferably in a technical area, community development and/or peace building programming
- Experience working in the province of Cabo Delgado
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in Portuguese and English
- Knowledge of local language (Mwani, Makonde, Makuhwa) highly desirable
- Demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
- Demonstration of knowledge of program design; grant acquisition and management; providing oversight and accountability of grant funded programs; resource stewardship, and cross functional coordination
- Computer proficiency in general office software (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience in management and knowledge of basic accounting methods and procedures
- Strong and proven people management skills
- Experience in project implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Willingness to spend a percentage of their time in the field visiting projects sometimes under difficult living conditions
How To Apply
Please apply on our career page: