Design, Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator (International Position)
Search For Common Ground
Search (www.sfcg.org) is an international peacebuilding and conflict transformation nongovernmental organization. With headquarters In Washington, D.C. and a European Office in Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict Away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. With over 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects from 53 offices in 35 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. Search’s approach is to support locally led processes at different levels of society in order to transform how societies deal with conflict. Search Myanmar has been supporting the peace process at the local level, supporting social cohesion nationwide, and supporting skills building in transformation with a multitude of stakeholders, including government, the private sector, the media, and civil society including women, youth and minorities. Search Myanmar works with local partners across six states and two regions. Search Myanmar is implementing Phase I of the project: Communicating for the future: building confidence and trust in the peace process which strengthens support for and sustainability of the peace process in Myanmar by mobilizing and supporting media and civil society organisations for an inclusive multimedia communications, and Social Cohesion for Better Service Delivery in Rakhine State, which works closely with local authorities, women, youth and civil society to support effective and inclusive service delivery.
The Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership, technical support and capacity building on design, monitoring and evaluation for the Search Myanmar program team. The position works in close coordination with the Senior Regional DM&E Specialist for Asia, and DM&E and program teams in Myanmar. The DM&E Coordinator will coach, capacitate and support the DM&E Myanmar team to understand DM&E for Peacebuilding, to integrate Search’s DM&E protocols to ensure Myanmar contributes to global targets, and will be accountable to develop knowledge management system and tools to capture accurate and useful data, set up effective feedback loops, and to capture and communicate results to inform effective programming.
This position will receive funding for 1 year (with a possibility of extending).
This position is based in Yangon with regular travel to 7 target states and regions of Myanmar
- Overall responsibility for the quality and timeliness of DM&E efforts in the Myanmar program and establishing Search Myanmar as leader in peacebuilding DM&E in Myanmar.
- Lead in the development of monitoring systems for the Myanmar program (e.g. development/operationalization of monitoring database and knowledge management system, development of common indicators, M&E plans, data collection tools, evidence-based processes); develop data collection and storage ethics in Myanmar context and orient staff on these ethics; popularize all M&E tools available in Search intranet to all M&E and program staff and create any new tools and templates, as required.
- Work as a custodian of program quality in Search Myanmar through reflection, learning, innovation and sharing of progress of Myanmar’s projects against the project logframes and indicators, and DM&E protocols.
- Organize quarterly reflection meetings as guided by the M&E Protocols, and coach DM&E team to prepare and share monitoring data on progress and challenges in relation to the Myanmar program; develop action plan for the next quarter and document and share findings from the meetings. Develop follow up mechanism for the action plan.
- Assess the capacity on DM&E of project staff and DM&E teams and provide coaching and training to the teams on a monthly basis. Develop individual coaching plans for DM&E and program staff to support them to increase their critical thinking and equip them with tools to effectively capture, reflect and analyze results on DM&E for peacebuilding, and in line with Search DM&E Protocols.
- Contribute in the development of Donor Reports in coordination with program teams and develop the report writing capacity of Search Myanmar Program staff.
- Lead in the designing and implementation of baseline studies, monitoring missions, and evaluations, ensuring quality methodology and analysis as well as timely delivery, and that project indicators are captured/measured in relation to the Myanmar program;
- Support on carrying out and finalizing the research design and methodology; contribute in developing research reports and finalizing them.
- Analyze data collected and prepare professional communication materials to share findings with key internal and external stakeholders, in relation to the Myanmar project.
- Develop Terms of Reference and manage consultants, as needed, for external M&E exercises in relation to the Myanmar program;
- Contribute to organizational learning by coordinating with the Myanmar team and ILT to share information, guidelines, lessons learned, and tested tools with Search globally;
- Actively participate and contribute in program design calls, proposal writing and review of design documents, especially developing project log frames, developing project logic and Theory of Change (TOC) as well as writing M&E narratives in the proposal.
- Ensure that there is a strong narrative and coherence around the project’s activities, and the outputs and outcomes the project is trying/able to achieve
- Take leadership role and execute any research and M&E assignments advised by the Country Director and Senior Regional DM&E Specialist.
Reports to: Country Director -works under Technical Oversight of Senior Regional DM&E Specialist for Asia and Macedonia, Institutional Learning Team(ILT)
Liaises with: Director of Programs and Myanmar project teams.
Manages: DM&E team
- MA/S or equivalent in social science, economics, peacebuilding, management, international development or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ related work in DM&E for Peacebuilding in an international context, preferably in conflict contexts
- Strong understanding and experiences of peacebuilding programming
- Strong experiences of setting up M&E systems (including database creation,
management and operation) and modern technology monitoring methodology and tools.
- High level of knowledge and skills and data visualization and presentation
- High quality data analysis and analytical report writing skills in English
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills of data analysis tools such as SPSS, or
comparable software for analysis of quantitative results.
- Demonstrated experiences of carrying out quantitative surveys and qualitative data collection and report writing
- Previous experience in coaching and capacity building of individuals and teams.
- Strong leadership, management and organisational skills with good understanding of motivating and building cross-cultural teams.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and procedures, and able to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- A high level of personal efficiency, and the ability to balance multiple urgent or important tasks without undue stress and to work in a fast paced environment.
- A common grounder, able to build bridges across dividing lines.
- Experience in peacebuilding, conflict resolution, media and communications work.
- Working knowledge of InDesign or comparable software for sharing and
- Experience working in Myanmar or Asia region
- Knowledge of Myanmar language
How To Apply
Send a cover letter and current resume to our employment Portal here
Include the following in your cover letter:
- Minimum salary requirements (or current salary).
- Projected start date.
- Where you found this posting.
We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
*This position is subject to funding.*
To apply, please visit:
Type: Full Time
Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)