DM&E Manager – Lebanon
Search For Common Ground
The DME Manager is responsible to ensure effective and reflective design, monitoring and evaluation and learning practices within SFCG Lebanon. The DME Manager is responsible for ensuring collaborative and reflective learning practices within the SFCG-Lebanon team. The DME Manager works closely with the programme and projects’ teams to oversee the development and implementation of all tools, strategies and systems, providing on-going support and guidance to project implementation staff, analysing data and information to ensure timely and quality learning to inform and strengthen implementation and programming and results-based communication. The DME Manager works closely with the project teams to ensure outcome-based planning and implementation of project’s activities.
- Ensure quality and effective design and implementation of project logic frameworks, indicators measurements, data collection tools and M&E plans;
- Provide timely and quality advice and guidance to project coordinators to ensure reflective implementation of projects’ activities, meaningful outcomes and to meet their specific M&E needs;
- Manage internal monitoring and evaluation processes in order to capture and document lessons learned and best practices, including conducting field visits and engaging all relevant stakeholders in reflective practices.
- Meet regularly with SFCG-Lebanon staff to review progress of projects against project objectives, indicators and deliverables, and give meaningful input and recommendations for projects’ management and institutional learning;
- Manage baseline researches and follow-up evaluations of projects based on existing indicators and objectives;
- Manage external evaluation/research contracts and teams;
- Provide support in creation of new data collection methodologies and strategies to evaluate peacebuilding
- Facilitate the creation of evidence-based decision-making processes, including research on key topics related to SFCG-Lebanon projects
- Be directly engaged in the continuing development of the organization, its mission and its staff, through the sharing of experience and knowledge;
- Provide on-going support in the design of SFCG-Lebanon general strategy and the development of new projects’ proposals;
- Ensure effective results based communication through the documentation of best practices, lessons learned and success stories and the development of case studies and advice on communication activities to ensure quality and credible outcomes.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Master’s degree in Development, Political Science, International Affairs, Social Sciences or other relevant subjects.
- At least 4 years of experience working in conflict sensitive environments.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in DM&E positions.
- Proven DME skills and experience, preferably in the field of peacebuilding.
- Experience working/researching in the field of conflict transformation in Lebanon and in the region is a strong advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the social and political landscape in Lebanon and/or Syria
- Knowledge of the Syrian crisis and its impact inside Syria and in host countries.
- A high degree of competence in providing meaningful guidance and reflection on projects implementation and programming.
- Proven ability to negotiate multiple relationships with various internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated DME expertise;
- Dynamic team player with creative problem solving skills, particularly in challenging situations;
- Strong motivation towards SFCG vision and mission;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills;
- Spoken and written fluency in English (Arabic is a strong advantage);
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated writing and reporting skills;
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel and other data analysis software;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to-detail
How To Apply
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our websitewww.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
Type: Full Time