Evaluation and Learning Manager
First 5 Monterey County
Ms. Joanna Jensen - Administrative Manager
First 5 Monterey County
First 5 Monterey County is seeking an experienced Evaluation and Learning Manager to lead the Commission in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) efforts for programs and services. This role is considered a strategic thought leader in Monterey County and is responsible for the design of MEAL strategy and methods, management of implementation, and dissemination and use of trends and lessons learned to guide organizational and program improvements.
The Evaluation and Learning Manager is recognized as the leader in Monterey County for data, evaluation, and research related to children from the prenatal stage through age 5 and will participate and collaborate in county-wide initiatives, and county, regional and state meetings. He/she will oversee a team of contractors that complete data collection, analysis, and reporting for implementation, outcome, and impact evaluation. The results of these monitoring, accountability, and evaluation activities feed into a continuous quality improvement cycle led by the Evaluation and Learning Manager. Some specific duties include:
- Reviewing all Commission strategic directions and actions in terms of their alignment with the F5MC Strategic Plan and Theory of Change.
- Provide ongoing training, technical assistance, and capacity building for Funded Partners and community partners in evaluation.
- Coordinate and oversee implementation and outcome evaluation of F5MC’s and its Funded Partners’ programs/strategies conducted by contracted external evaluators.
- Represent F5MC at interagency, Board of Supervisors, regional, statewide and community meetings.
- Communicate effectively in order to provide training and recommendations to individuals, groups, and public bodies that do not have experience in data or statistics.
- Respond to or manage responses to ad hoc data requests from internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of and monitoring of adherence to Scopes of Work and evaluation plans for funding solicitations, new grantees, and contract amendments.
- Ensure all monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities and tools meet legal, ethical, and contractual standards and requirements.
- Create semiannual reports presenting monitoring, evaluation, and learning results to F5MC’s Commission, staff, and Funded Partners.
- Prepare and present concise, yet thorough, written and oral reports to the Commission, Committees and staff on the status of evaluation and learning efforts.F5MC may hire at one or both of the two levels identified below: Senior Manager/Director of Evaluation & Learning: Any combination of work experience, education, and training that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities listed previously. This may include: A Master’s Degree in the human services field, public health, business or public administration; A minimum of five years’ experience in evaluating social science programs in a public or private agency (experience monitoring and evaluating child development programs is preferred); and Three years’ experience managing a team of staff and/or consultants. The salary for this position is in six steps and ranges from $76,548- $97,697 annually. The starting salary is depending on qualifications.
Alternately, a candidate with less experience may be considered for the Evaluation Manager level position. Candidates who are hired at the Manager level would receive additional mentoring and management support.
Evaluation Manager: Any combination of work experience, education, and training that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities listed previously. This may include a Bachelor’s Degree and three years’ experience in evaluating social science programs in a public or private agency in related field or a Master’s Degree with relevant coursework. The salary for this position is in six steps and ranges from $59,299- $75,682 annually. The starting salary is depending on qualifications.
How To Apply
For full details and to apply, to go https://first5monterey.applicantpro.com/jobs/1046628.html
Type: Full Time
Start date: 07/01/2019
1125 Baldwin St,93906 Salinas,United States