Executive Assistant, III
Search For Common Ground
The Executive Management Team is responsible for managing the Search’s core business operations as a whole, which requires planning of various development processes, Search values, principles practices, as well as monitoring the development of financial matters and Search business continuity plans.
- Provides required administrative support to the Executive Office (CEO and Presidents), enabling them to make the best use of their time on strategic leadership of the organization.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on matters pertaining to the Executive Office.
- Provides administrative support for the Board of Directors and the Executive Team.
- Manages the day-to-day administrative affairs of the Executive Office, including its calendar; schedules all appointments/engagement and provides reminders for key follow ups.
- Manages the administrative support functions of the Secretary to the Board, including scheduling of meetings, upkeep of the Board folders, preparing resolutions and materials and background information to the Board of Directors and its Executive Committee, preparing minutes, and managing routine communication with Board members on pertinent issues.
- Prepares presentations, briefing notes, and meeting summaries for the CEO and President.
- Organizes and manages travel arrangements (domestic and international).
- Serves as a liaison with other departments, organizations, government offices, and other stakeholders.
- Handles all business finances, reconciles credit card statements, and manages all expense reports in a timely manner.
- Manages communication with the Executive Team, including upkeep of the folder, circulating the agenda and background materials, preparing summary/minutes, and organizing the logistics of virtual and face-to-face meetings.
- Works independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects when necessary.
- Assists with the development and management of the departmental budget.
- Other duties that are broadly in line with the above key contributions as assigned.
Competency Behavior Indicators (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities)
- Manages overall strategy and vision. Provides functional and program/project management. Anticipates and plans for needs and takes action accordingly. Provides guidance to direct reports or matrixed team members.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with vendors, organizations, professional associations, partners, funders, and Search’s network of experts critical to the area of purview.
- Modifies a planned course of action in response to new information or new circumstances.
- Responds to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
- Articulates Search/function program/project goals and objectives within and external to Search. Develops program objectives that reflect broader Search strategies and approaches.
- Creates standards across functions globally within Shared Services teams and with a view from a multicultural perspective that reflects consideration of other cultures, other viewpoints, and other ways of doing things.
- Overcomes obstacles using ethical practices; formulates and evaluates morally and ethically justified solutions.
- Assesses risks and opportunities to lead decision makers to a favorable outcome.
- Checks the accuracy of one’s own and others’ work and sets up systematic checks and balances to support content and data integrity.
- Has knowledge of project management tools including technology as resources for efficiency and reduction of stress.
- Works with employees to set and communicate performance standards that are specific and measurable.
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans accordingly.
- Analyzes the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success in making a decision.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to staff.
Education and Experience
- Typically BS/BA and minimum 9 years’ experience with 3 years’ senior level support experience; French language skills and advanced G Suite, Microsoft Office, and applications skills preferred.
Type and Nature of Contacts
- Routinely coordinates with colleagues and consultants and resolves problem situations with tact.
- Represents Search, as assigned, selected programs or projects and other organizations – including donors, vendors, and international and local partners – in an international setting and in a non-profit, legal, or similar environment.
- Interacts with all levels of staff including country office and regional staff.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Usual office environment conditions; ability to travel internationally at least 20%.
Supervisory and Budget Responsibility
- May supervise one or more staff members.
How To Apply
Type: Full Time