Gender-Based Violence Advisor, Tunisia (Consultant)
American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative seeks a long-term Gender Based Violence (GBV) Advisor to support implementation of a new 18-month program which seeks to enhance the capacity of service providers (including CSO-operated listening centers and shelters) to protect and assist victims of gender-based violence. The GBV Advisor will provide technical advice and programmatic support to the Tunisia program team in the substantive development and management of the program. The selected candidate shall provide expertise to support execution of program activities; develop and maintain partnerships with CSO partners and government officials to support smooth implementation; and support program reporting and management.
This is a local position open exclusively to Tunisian nationals. The anticipated start date for this program is early to mid-December 2018.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and advisor/resource, particularly for activity design and execution;
- Facilitate meetings with key program partners in-country;
- Develop program related materials in coordination with ABA ROLI experts and program partners;
- Provide substantive technical expertise on GBV issues, based on international standards and Tunisian Law;
- Assist in program management and implementation of workshops, training sessions, public awareness activities, and other program activities;
- Participate in the design of program activities for potential program extensions and/or new proposals related to combatting GBV;
- Assist in management of subgrants with local partners;
- Support meetings with international implementers regarding potential areas of collaboration, particularly in areas related to women’s economic and social empowerment;
- Prepare assessments of draft laws, concept papers, and research as requested;
- Draft reports summarizing program activities for ABA ROLI and donors, as requested;
- Provide overall support to program implementation; and
- Other duties as required.
- At least 6 years of direct experience developing and implementing related programs in the region, experience working in and familiarity with Tunisia especially preferred;
- Demonstrated experience working with relevant local stakeholders, including justice sector actors, civil society, ministry officials, and local partners;
- Strong expertise in GBV and related issue areas, including demonstrated experience advising and implementing GBV and/or women’s rights programming;
- Experience working for an international organization;
- English, French, and Arabic language competencies required; strong ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in more than 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
How To Apply
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 11.
Start date: 12/10/2018
Application Deadline: 11/12/2018