Graphic Designer for an update of the Enduring Change Package
Search For Common Ground
Search for Common Ground
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international conflict transformation NGO that aims to transform the way individuals, groups, governments and companies deal with conflict, away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative solutions. Headquartered in Washington DC, USA, and Brussels, Belgium, with field offices in 35 countries, Search designs and implements multifaceted, culturally appropriate and conflict-sensitive programs using a diverse range of tools, including media and training, to promote dialogue, increase knowledge and determine a positive shift in behaviors.
The Enduring Change Package is a set of resources developed by Search’s Institutional Learning Team (ILT) to achieve the organization’s vision and strategy for enduring change through a commitment to:
- Evidence-based and intentional design that is grounded in context and meaningfully articulates pathways to change;
- Reflective practice that helps navigate obstacles, seize opportunities, and learn;
- Realistic and informed adaptations in response to the dynamic contexts in which it intervenes.
The Enduring Change package includes three components: the User Guide, the Transformation Deck and the CGA Tools. These components were designed in 2018, and we will be adapted for the version 2.0 of the package. Both the Transformation Deck and CGA Tools cards will be updated, and additional guidance cards will be created based on existing content related to reflection and learning practices at Search.
Search expects the following deliverables from the external consultant:
- Update the design of the existing cards (new logo, language change, etc).
- Create additional cards based on the existing, updated design (up to 8 new cards).
- Design up to 3 new large cards or user-friendly short instruction guides in an appealing format, sharing guidance for reflection and learning, leveraging existing content.
- Design visual support to advance existing content from guidance for reflection and learning (up to 4 posters and 3 stickers, additional materials as proposed or needed).
The following skills and experience are expected by Search for the consultant for this project:
- Experience in graphic design and visual communication;
- Experience in creating user-friendly, engaging visual content to communicate complex messages, including non-profit organizations;
- Creativity and attention to details;
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Locations and Dates:
The Consultant can be based anywhere, and the Consultancy is scheduled to be performed from approximately mid-November to mid-December.
How To Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send an application to our career portal and the application MUST include the following:
- Curriculum vitae;
- A portfolio of past graphic design work for other clients;
- A financial proposal for the completion of the aforementioned deliverables, including proposed hourly rate.
Please apply HERE.
Application Deadline: 11/14/2020