Head of Monitoring and Evaluation
Conciliation Resources is an international organisation committed to stopping violent conflict and creating more peaceful societies. We have one vacancy and one consultancy post at present.
- Full-time (37.5 hours)
- London-based, with occasional international travel
- Salary £45,091
- Plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Closing date: 9.00am UK time Friday 5 July 2019
- Interviews: 10/11 July 2019
We are seeking an experienced M&E professional to lead the development of our organisational monitoring and evaluation practice and systems. The postholder will be familiar with participatory and adaptive learning approaches to M&E in complex environments, and have experience of leading strategic cross-organisational evaluations. Along with the M&E Officer, they will work alongside teams and partners to develop M&E capacity, and within the organisation they will improve organisational systems to capture and analyse data. The Head of Monitoring and Evaluation is a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Working with the Director of Policy and Learning in drawing out lessons from evidence and the successes, or otherwise, of our work which will be shared internally and more extensively.
The post-holder will be a champion of effective and gender-sensitive monitoring, evaluation and learning in Conciliation Resources with the Executive Management Team providing leadership, technical oversight and appropriate support to colleagues.
- Job Purpose
- Full Scope of Responsibilities
- Scope & Accountability
- Thorough knowledge of approaches and methodologies of strategic, organisational and project monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of M&E challenges for peacebuilding an advantage.
- Understanding of gender-sensitive approaches to monitoring and evaluation and the challenges in practical implementation.
- Understanding of organisational learning and the cumulative capturing of qualitative as well as quantitative data.
- A post-graduate qualification or equivalent through experience in a relevant subject area (an advantage).
- Track record of leading the design, implementation and providing on-going support for processes of monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Experience of different measurement and evaluation frameworks and techniques, such as the logical framework approach, theories of change and organisational learning, and participatory techniques.
- Experience of using M&E approaches and methods that are appropriate for tackling “wicked” problems, communicating complex issues in a clear and engaging manner to a range of audiences with a broad range of understanding of M&E issues.
- Experience of using participatory M&E approaches that provide space for programme and policy teams, partners and project participants to jointly reflect on the effectiveness and impact of their work
- Experience in delivering training and capacity building support and facilitating meetings and events (in more than one language would be an advantage).
- Experience of procurement and management of consultants
- Experience of working in/on a country affected by violent conflict (an advantage).
- Experience of raising funds to support one’s area of work (an advantage).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (knowledge of a second language desirable).
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to handle a complex and changing workload meeting internal and external deadlines.
- Evaluative and creative thinking skills and judgement to formulate and coordinate organisation-wide strategy, vision and direction.
- Capacity to listen actively to people from varying backgrounds having a range of political, cultural, and value orientations.
- Good political judgement, including an appreciation of how to handle sensitive and confidential issues.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently and an ability to make decisions efficiently and knowing when to consult.
- Be able to inspire, educate, motivate and influence others across an organisation and more broadly.
- Good IT skills.
How To Apply
Click to download or access:
To apply, please visit:
Type: Full Time
Start date: 07/10/2019
Application Deadline: 07/05/2019