ILT Regional Design Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (Levant region and Arabian Peninsula)
Search For Common Ground
Search seeks an Coordinator for the Institutional Learning Team to support Search’s Monitoring and Evaluation work in the Middle East and North Africa with specific support to the Levant region. Supervised by the MENA Regional DM&E Specialist, the ILT DM&E Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the quality of monitoring and evaluation and for reinforcing project learning.
The ILT Design Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be based in Search’s regional office in Amman (Jordan) with frequent travels within the Levant (Iraq, Jordan and Lebanon) and occasionally Yemen. The ILT DM&E Coordinator should be ready to begin work in Amman by August 2019 for a period of no less than 6 months (with possibility of renewal).
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict—away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
Key area 1: Ensure quality, sustainable and effective monitoring and evaluation
- Provide ongoing high-level technical support in monitoring and evaluation to Country Programs: data collection tools, data collection methods, conflict sensitivity and “Do No Harm”, supporting the DME teams with quantitative and qualitative data analysis, etc.
- Support DME Coordinators and staff in implementing Search’s M&E standards around project planning meetings, baseline studies, data collection tools, monitoring missions, evaluations and learning
- Provides capacity building and support to staff and partners in research, DM&E, capturing results and formulate learning outcomes.
- Support recruitment and management (if needed) of external consultants for specific projects
- Support DME teams in writing high quality reports shareable with Search’s partners
Key area 2: Create a culture where DME is valued, supported and recognized
- Provide onboarding and training to new DME staff in the country programs
- Develop and offer continuous training for in-country DME staff based on needs
- Organize perennial structures for enhanced collaboration between DME and program staff (design meetings, channels for on-going communication during project, restitutions, etc.)
- Support in country Learning practices As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Graduate-level education and/or relevant work experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Methods in international development, peacebuilding, conflict resolution, or other related fields or;
- MA/S or equivalent in social science, communication, arts, management, governance, international development
- At least two years of experience designing and administering monitoring and evaluation tools, analyzing data and writing M&E reports
- Relevant experience in coordination or management-level position
- Experience in capacity-building and offering training in DME-related fields
Required skills and Competencies
- A Learner, a Common grounder, able to build bridges across stakeholders with different needs and interests
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and in Arabic – ability to draft, edit, and proofread.
- Extensive experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Excellent computer skills (including Word, Excel, various Web 2.0 tools, qualitative and quantitative data analysis software)
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently and in a team
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Creative and thorough approach to work
- Interest in evaluation of conflict resolution interventions
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed. Desirable
- Understand peacebuilding concepts and programming
- Good understanding of conflict sensitivity and research ethics.
How To Apply
This position will be open until the candidates are identified. Applications from Jordanian nationals are strongly encouraged. To apply, interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the link below.
To apply, please visit:
Type: Full Time