Institutional Learning – Design, Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Search For Common Ground
(Re-advertise, previous applicants need not apply – Myanmar National Only)
Reporting to the Director of Programmes, a DM&E Coordinator for Search Myanmar takes full responsibilities and commitment to ensure results and lesson learnt are captured and presented to support the highest level of support to Myanmar’s peace process through communications. The DM&E Coordinator will ensure establishment and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems and tools to monitor program progress and results. This position is based in Yangon with 30% travel to Chin State, Kayin State, Mon State, Tanintharyi Region, Shan State, and Bago Region and Yangon Region
In Myanmar, Search’s approach is to support locally led processes at different levels of society in order to transform local level conflict. Search Myanmar has been supporting an inclusive peace process at the local level, social cohesion nationwide, and skills building and trust building with and between a multitude of stakeholders, including government, the private sector, the media, and civil society including women, youth and minorities. Search Myanmar works with local partners across seven states and three regions and is at an exciting stage reaching new levels of growth, scaling up its programmatic work, team, office and operations to support its strategy in country to support Myanmar in its priorities of peace, development and democratic change.
Search Myanmar will be implementing Phase I of the project: Communicating for the future: building confidence and trust in the peace process which strengthens support for and sustainability of the peace process in Myanmar by mobilizing and supporting media and civil society organisations for an inclusive communications campaign. The project builds on Search for Common Ground’s innovative approaches to conﬂict transformation, using media and social media to engage wider society in the peace process
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict—away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
Roles and responsibilities include
- Develops monitoring and evaluation frameworks, system and tools and plans to monitor performance and progress of project
- Ensures DM&E plans are integrated into project work plans with clear roles and responsibilities and deadlines
- Leads reviews of logframes and indicators with project teams
- Holds regular lessons sharing and review sessions
- Analyses both qualitative and quantitative data, and ensures data is presented in clear, coherent, presentations/reports
- Supports learning and capacity building of the team.
- Coordinates and supports the research phase of the project
- Ensures a strong DM&E system throughout the project, ensuring project team captures results of success and lessons learned
- Provides capacity building and support to staff and partners in capturing results
- Keeps abreast of and navigate the conflict dynamics in target locations
- Ensure system to capture outcome/output indicators, and means of verification and develop case studies
- Ensures learning across projects to build on what works in the Myanmar programming
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position-holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You should meet the following qualifications:
- MA/S or equivalent in social science, communication, arts,peacebuilding, management, governance, international development or other relevant field.
- 5 years proven experience in DM&E.
- Strong knowledge and experience of applying various monitoring tools, including development of logical framework, results framework, theory of change and result-indicators
- A common grounder, able to build bridges across stakeholders with different needs and interests
- A positive personality, who sees challenges as growth and learning, and proactively finds solutions to problems
- Ability to assess, analyze and reflect changing circumstances of project stakeholders
- Excellent leadership and coordination skills with good understanding of motivating and building teams including remote coordination
- Demonstrated attention to detail and procedures, and able to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the challenges faced across different ethnic states and regions of Myanmar
- Ability to work cross-culturally and communicate effectively
- A high level of personal efficiency, motivation, and the ability to balance multiple urgent or important tasks without undue stress and to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and spoken Myanmar and English language
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position-holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
- Experience or interest in working with media/cultural actors
- Experience in communications
- Knowledge of ethnic languages
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
How To Apply
This position will be until the candidates identified
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter
- writing sample (optional additional components)
(Optional instructions if you are asking for more than a resume and cover letter: Please compile your writing sample and resume into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications well not be accepted.)
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
To apply, please visit:
Type: Full Time
Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)