Based in Washington, DC or Bishkek the Asia Program Intern will support Search’s Asia regional grants management team and country offices in Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Indonesia. Duties of this internship will include developing program learning and communications materials, project reporting, managing project databases, and supporting regional initiatives.
- Assisting with development of learning and communications materials for the country and regional programs, including drafting content based on program team inputs and reports and evaluations and providing style and copy editing support.
- Updating databases and tools for grants management.
- Researching contextual information to enhance programming, including developing a weekly context/news update for the regional team.
- Assisting in the creation of capacity-building tools such as presentations and guidelines for Search’s internal procedures, program successes and lessons learned, and peacebuilding approaches.
- Assisting drafting of donor reports and editing reports from country offices for language and fluidity.
- Supporting the Asia region’s external communications, including compiling updates from country offices, updating website content, and creating visibility pieces.
- Collaborating with other departments on projects.
- Supporting the Senior Officer in planning travel and meeting logistics.
- Performing other supportive and administrative duties as needed.
- BA or MA (completed or in progress) in international relations, conflict resolution, international development, Asian Studies, or a related field.
- Practical experience with program design, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills in English.
- Computer proficiency.
- Interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Familiarity with the Asia region.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Prior international or cross-cultural experience.
How To Apply
Salary: This position is unpaid.
Please apply via our website https://jobs.lever.co/sfcg/c1c3a472-c4f3-42d4-9e21-a22ce6af0286?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=DME