The Programs Unit at Search for Common Ground (Search) is seeking one intern for the Fall 2021 to provide support to the organization’s evolving digital peacebuilding programs, partnerships and capacity building initiatives. This intern will work with the Senior Vice President of Programs and the Digital Peacebuilding Advisor, and interact with various programs staff across Search’s four regions in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East, as well as staff engaged in learning and program quality.
- Assist the Digital Peacebuilding Advisor with emerging digital peacebuilding partnership & capacity building strategy for the organization;
- Support the Senior VP Programs, the Digital Peacebuilding Advisor and program teams across the world in piloting and learning from various digital peacebuilding efforts;
- Support Search personnel as they access various resources to steadily improve diverse digital peacebuilding concepts and skills
- Support the development of case studies that capture examples of successful digital peacebuilding projects from across Search teams
- Work with the Senior VP and Digital Peacebuidling Advisor to support program quality and learning to identify, access and socialize resources, opportunities and best practices in digital peacebuilding
- Support in organizing consultations, capture notes from consultations, schedule meetings and workshops when appropriate
- Current student or recent graduate with a degree in International Relations, Conflict Studies, Development, Computer Science, Digital Marketing, or a related area;
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel utilization, Google suite, Internet Search Engines).
The ideal candidate will further exhibit:
- A self-starting, enthusiastic, and flexible approach to the organization and the position;
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts and distill complex concepts into accessible products
- Able to move ahead on medium-term goals without tight supervision
- Demonstrated understanding of the implementation of peacebuilding projects;
- Experience, or demonstrated significant interest, in the use of digital technology and digital platforms to tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, either through personal experience, research, or as a practitioner;
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail; andAbility to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
How To Apply
Salary: This is an unpaid internship.
Location: This internship will be done remotely. Thus, applicants can be based anywhere in the world.
Start date and Duration: The internship will commence no later than 16 September, 2021. The successful candidate will be available for a minimum of 12 weeks with a preference for candidates who can commit to 16 weeks.
Time commitment: Internship can be full time or part time (between 20 and 30 hours per week, with a flexible schedule). The deadline for submission of applications is August 10, 2021.
Please apply through our website