Internship: Global Programs – Asia
Search For Common Ground
Search for Common Ground seeks a professional, motivated, and creative program intern to join the Asia regional team. Based in Washington, DC, the intern will provide support to SFCG’s Asia regional programming and its five country offices: Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and Indonesia. Duties of this internship will include contributing to the design of proposals, databases and communications strategies, and will give interns an opportunity to learn in a high-level, professional environment.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with grant proposals for country and regional programs, including but not limited to drafting context framing and providing style and copy editing support
- Assisting with creating and updating databases for proposals, evaluations, results, etc.
- Supporting and updating databases of donors and research institutions
- Assisting in researching contextual information to enhance program design.
- Assisting in the creation of capacity building tools such as presentations about Search’s internal procedures, program successes and lessons learned, and peacebuilding approaches
- Editing reports from country offices for language and fluidity.
- Assisting with donor reports and other communications.
- Supporting the Asia team’s external communications strategy, including compiling updates from country offices, revamping website content, and creating visibility pieces for social media.
- Collaborating with other departments on projects
- Supporting the Program Associate in planning travel and meeting logistics
- Performing other supportive and administrative duties as needed.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- BA or MA (completed or in progress) in international relations, conflict resolution, international development, Asian Studies, or a related field.
- Practical experience with program design, monitoring, and evaluation.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills in English.
- Computer proficiency.
- Interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Familiarity with the Asia region.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Prior international or cross-cultural experience.
This position is unpaid.
How To Apply
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter
- writing sample (400-600 words: NO MORE)
NOTE: Please compile your writing sample and resume into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
Application Deadline: 12/21/2018
, Washington,United States