Search is offering several exciting internship opportunities with our Institutional Learning Team. The opportunities include:
– Providing global geographic monitoring and evaluation support in several regions Search operates in, including (but not limited to) Central Asia and the Horn of Africa. Students in Asia and Africa are highly encouraged to apply.
– Providing communications support to the DME for Peace platform, including content creation and researching emerging practices in design, monitoring, evaluation, and learning and other support to the platform.
Interns will have the opportunity to work directly with program managers and design, monitoring, and evaluation specialists. They will gain hands-on experience from the work of a leading peacebuilding organization, while also bringing their own academic and professional experiences to the organization. Interns will benefit from important learning opportunities both internally and externally and build skills in research, monitoring and evaluation, and project management.
Internships can be based at Search’s headquarters in Washington, DC or the applicant’s country or region of preference, contingent on feasibility. Remote Internships are available depending on restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applicants should list their preferred opportunities, location, and start date (if relevant) in their cover letter.
Qualifications for Consideration
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- Required: Enrolled in or recently graduated from (i.e., in the past 6 months) a BA program in Peace and Conflict Studies, Development, Political Science, International Relations, Social Sciences, Communications (DME for Peace Internship only), or other relevant subject.
- Preferred: Enrolled in (i.e., in the past 6 months) a MA program in Peace and Conflict Studies, Development, Political Science, International Relations, Social Sciences, or other relevant subject.
- Interest, education, or experience in social media, communications, and/or marketing (DME for Peace Internship only).
- Proficiency in English, with strong writing skills.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Interest in the peacebuilding, development, and/or humanitarian fields.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and strong interest in dialogue, peacebuilding, and conflict transformation.
- This is a three (3) month internship, with a target start date of September 16, 2021, and target end date of December 16, 2021.
- Selected candidates must be available at least 20-30 hours per week for the duration of the Internship
How To Apply
Compensation: The internship is unpaid.
Application deadline for consideration is August 24, 2021
*Please Note: Selected candidates must have appropriate work authorization for the location and/or country of assignment. Search for Common Ground will not provide sponsorship.
Pleas apply through our website: