Internship: Organizational Change Management
Search For Common Ground
The Programs Unit at Search for Common Ground (Search) is seeking an intern for the Spring 2021 to provide support to the organization’s ongoing change and performance improvements, as per its 10-year Strategy. This intern will work with the Senior Vice President of Programs, and interact with various programs staff across Search’s four regions in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East, as well as staff engaged in learning and program quality.
- Assist the Senior VP Programs in supporting various organizational changes and improvements, with an eye to capture insights, encourage reflection and learning, and adapt accordingly;
- Assist the emerging ‘Hub’ structure with support in the socialization of a ‘performance dashboard’ and seek ways to best capture, visualize and utilization the data for adaptive management
- Support the virtual gatherings of the ‘Hub’ structure, representing senior managers from across all functional departments, with note-taking and other preparations and after-meeting follow-up as requested
- Assist the Senior VP with various initiatives aimed at strengthening performance management tools, management reports, and other related efforts
- Support in organizing consultations, capture notes from consultations, schedule meetings and workshops when appropriate
- Current student or recent graduate with a degree in International Relations, Conflict Studies, Development, Organizational Development, Project Management or a related area;
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel utilization, Google suite, Internet Search Engines).
The ideal candidate will further exhibit:
- A self-starting, enthusiastic, and flexible approach to the organization and the position;
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts and distill complex concepts into accessible products
- Experience or applied studies in the domain of organizational development, change management and strategy execution
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
How To Apply
Please apply here. (https://jobs.lever.co/sfcg/dd9611b0-866b-4110-97a6-b8b77718be47?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=DME)
Salary: This is an unpaid internship.
Location: This internship will be done remotely. Thus, applicants can be based anywhere in the world.
Start date and Duration: The intern will commence no later than 1 February. Preference to start in mid-August if possible. The successful candidate will be available for a minimum of 12 weeks with a preference for candidates who can commit to 16 weeks.
Time commitment: Can be full time or part time (approximately 24-32 hours per week) with a flexible schedule.
The deadline for submission of applications is December 16, 2020.
Application Deadline: 12/16/2020