Internship: Program Strategy and Quality
Search For Common Ground
The Program Strategy and Quality team at Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is seeking a part time intern to provide research, administrative, and logistical support to the team’s activities. The Program Strategy & Quality team helps advance Search’s mission by driving organizational change and learning processes, ensuring quality across all Search programs, and exploring new strategies and geographies.
The intern will report to the Associate Vice President, Strategy and Program Quality.
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Create maps to illustrate conflict analysis and research for priority geographies such as: the Sahel, Central & South Asia, and the Levant.
- Build infographics to display the root causes, and shifting dynamics of conflict
- Represent SFCG at relevant meetings and events in Washington, D.C.
As internship descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Current student or recent graduate with a demonstrable interest or focus in conflict resolution, data analysis, geography, or geospatial mapping.
- Experience with excel and/or google sheets
- Familiarity with basic statistics for data analysis
- Familiarity with mapping applications using geographic information systems (e.g. QGIS, GIS)
The ideal candidate will further exhibit:
- Interest in conflict analysis
- A self-starting, enthusiastic, and flexible approach to the organization and the position;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
- Experience with google applications (gmail, sheets, hangouts, calendar, etc)
- Experience analyzing data with code (e.g. Python, R)
- Knowledge of SQL-related databases (e.g. MS Access, SQLite, SQL Server)
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. infogram, tableau, etc)
Salary: This is an unpaid internship
This position will close on March 1, 2019
How To Apply
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter
- Sample of your work with mapping (optional)
Please compile your writing sample and resume into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
Application Deadline: 03/01/2019