Internship: Youth Engagement
Search For Common Ground
Search for Common Ground
Summary of Position
The Children & Youth Division at Search for Common Ground seeks a full-time or part-time Youth Engagement Intern for Fall 2021 to provide support for the Youth, Peace, and Security (YPS) Fund.
The Youth Engagement Intern will assist the world’s largest dedicated peacebuilding NGO in shaping Youth, Peace and Security Fund’s communications, marketing, and branding strategies to engage, and spread awareness about the Fund’s work among global peace and security experts, social impact investors, peacebuilders, and professionals who have traditionally been outside the peacebuilding field.
As the Youth Engagement intern, you will be working closely with the core team of the YPS Fund, at Search and United Network of Young Peacebuilders, to provide writing, research, project management, and creative support. The intern will play a key role in designing and implementing a variety of marketing and communications initiatives.
If you are a student and would like to earn course credit from your internship, we are willing to work with you to develop a comprehensive workload that is relevant to your field of study and professional interests.
We want our interns to make the most of this experience. To this end, we ask every intern to develop a set of strategic learning objectives at the beginning of their internship with their supervisor, outlining their key learning and professional needs. Search for Common Ground’s staff will work with you to ensure assignments are relevant to these learning objectives, and that you continue to grow throughout your internship.
**Please note that this internship will be completely remote due to COVID-19 restrictions**
- Develop a social media strategy for the YPS Fund’s Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts, and assist in the launch of its LinkedIn page
- Manage all communications and outreach efforts for the YPS Fund, including developing infographics and managing social media accounts
- Work closely with the YPS Fund’s core team to develop a branding and fundraising strategy, heavily focused on social media management to raise donations
- Assist in the communications, marketing and background support of the YPS Fund’s flagship program Intimate Talks
- Provide logistical support
- Perform general administrative tasks as needed
- Attend events (virtually) to increase knowledge of peacebuilding and provide memo reports on said events
- Develop social media posts, stories, and tweets on a regular basis
Education: Current student or recent graduate in Nonprofit Management, Conflict Studies, Political Science, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Marketing and / or communications, social media engagement, graphic design
- Experience with social media campaigns, fundraising, and youth activism
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills and the ability to draft, edit, and proofread;
- Excellent research skills;
- Excellent computer skills (including Word and various Web 2.0 tools);
- Skills with graphic design on Canva, Piktochart, and other design software;
- Ability to strategically use various social media platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, and Reddit;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently and in a team;
- Interest in nonprofit marketing or communications;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Creative and thorough approach to work;
- Positive attitude and willingness to represent Search at professional events; and
- Excellent cross-communication skills.
Salary: This is an unpaid internship
This application will close on August 23, 2021
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
How To Apply
When applying, please submit your CV and one communications sample (a graphic or social media post).
Start date: 09/01/2021
Application Deadline: 08/23/2021