Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
One Earth Future Foundation
Ms. Jennifer L Faverty - HR Manager
One Earth Future Foundation
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
For more than a decade, One Earth Future (OEF) has worked to solve complex problems at the root of armed conflict. Through its unique culture of iterative learning and improvement, OEF designs, incubates, and partners to scale programs that help communities see problems in new ways and solve them collectively. With its headquarters in Colorado and offices around the world, OEF operates as a portfolio of peacebuilding programs, each with its own director, strategy, and budget. What holds them together is a common purpose: to provide an impartial platform for diverse stakeholders to form adaptive problem-solving networks for peace. At the foundation level, OEF provides the financial, strategic, and operational support needed to iteratively develop solutions to complex problems that could not have been designed in advance.
The Impact, Learning & Accountability (ILA) department at OEF is the team tasked with developing and implementing the frameworks for articulating programmatic success, the systems for monitoring progress towards success, and the sense-making capabilities to extract meaningful and actionable insights from data. In addition, the department is meant to serve as a facilitator of the elicitation, distillation, and codification of institutional know-how and best practices as it pertains to program tactics.
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist position is an opportunity to be part of a tight-knit team that is focused on developing and implementing innovative solutions that drive forward OEF’s capacity to understand whether or not programs are working as intended and how they can improve. This position will have a “superpower” within the team: the expertise of transforming data into actionable insights that inform decision-making and resource allocation. Beyond this, s/he will be the primary point person for 1-3 OEF programs in revising M&E frameworks and plans, collecting and analyzing program output/outcome data and information, as well as supporting the design and implementation of evaluations. The M&E Specialist will assist the Deputy Director of ILA in communicating analytical trends and patterns about program success and/or missteps. S/he must be comfortable and ready to embrace a steep initial learning curve as this individual will need to quickly become familiar with OEF concepts and frameworks and how ILA gathers, validates, and analyzes data for the entire portfolio of programs at OEF. Someone with an entrepreneurial drive, who is passionate about M&E innovation, and has a get-it-done attitude will excel in this role.
Deputy Director of Impact, Learning & Accountability
Salaried; Exempt; Full-time
This position is located at the OEF central office in Broomfield, CO. The position will be remote until the Broomfield offices reopens (it is currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic).
- Develop the internal mechanisms and systems for the extraction of meaningful insights from program-related data;
- Support the design and implementation of performance measurement frameworks and data collection systems that allow accurate, reliable information collection and reporting;
- Develop, maintain, and promote quality assurance and quality control protocols for ensuring integrity and clarity of data;
- Collaborate with the ILA team on the maintenance and management of a database of program-related data;
- Co-author functional reports and memos on program performance and missteps for program directors and OEF executive leadership;
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the program model and goals, as well as deep contextual understanding of their issue area and geographies;
- Ensure timely monitoring and that reporting is contextually accurate and benchmarked appropriately;
- Design data visualization dashboards aimed at tactical program decision-making;
- Provide ad-hoc technical assistance to program teams, such as survey design, M&E sections of grant proposals, data queries, identifying best practices, etc.;
- Manage evaluation contracts and agreements, as delegated;
- Other tasks as necessary.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Competences:
- Bachelor’s degree related to international development, behavioral economics, monitoring and evaluation, public policy, social sciences, statistics, business analytics, data management or similar. Graduate degree preferred (but not required).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in a non-profit, consulting or government agency, with international experience preferred;
- An innate entrepreneurial drive to improve the NGO M&E field, demonstrating the relentless desire to innovate, iterate and find or create the best solutions;
- Expertise in analyzing data and translating it into contextually meaningful insights, trend detection, and actionable findings to executive leadership and program directors;
- Demonstrated intermediate-to-advanced proficiency in SQL;
- Strong understanding of systems change analysis, complexity theory, and/or methods for evaluating advocacy and policy change initiatives;
- Balance of big picture, strategic thinking with concrete, focused action;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload without compromising quality, and meet deadlines;
- Willingness and capacity to adapt quickly to changes, feeling comfortable in a startup-like environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations, demonstrating poise, tact and discernment with a positive attitude;
- Exemplified good judgment and grace under pressure;
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance along with the flexibility to accommodate for early or late meetings;
- Superb oral and written communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in statistical software, such as R, SPSS or STATA;
- Proficiency in Spanish or Somali;
- Experience using knowledge management and/or business intelligence software (Google Data Studio strongly preferred);
- Experience conducting field based evaluations;
- Experience working with business automation and project management software (ex. Monday.com, Integromat, Zapier, etc.)
- Prior group facilitation experience;
- Experience working with major institutional donors, such as UN agencies, bilateral aid agencies, and large foundations;
At One Earth Future (OEF), we celebrate difference and welcome its benefits. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
How To Apply
To apply, please click HERE.
Type: Full Time