Tearfund is looking for a dynamic individual to drive Tearfund’s Peacebuilding work globally., with a specific focus on supporting and enabling women and young people as peacebuilders. The role’s principle objective is to champion, support and lead the embedding and scaling of Tearfund’s peacebuilding approach. A core element of this approach being the mobilisation, nurture, equipping and connecting of faith-based communities of change makers within fragile states that work together to prevent and respond to violent conflict, counter fragility and build peace. Such communities of change makers will include individual peacebuilders, gender and SGBV champions, church and community mobilisation facilitators, ‘inspired individuals’, faith leaders and actors. In doing this there is to be a conscious effort to increase the representation and contribution of women and young people (youth). The communities may include Tearfund and partner staff as well as those outside of the organisation.
The role, which is part of the UK-based Fragile States Unit, can be based in any of Tearfund’s country offices (subject to Tearfund’s registration requirements) and will work closely with our cluster fragility advisers (currently based in Burundi, Lebanon and Myanmar) as well as the rest of the Fragile States Unit and other specialists within Tearfund’s Thematic Support Team. The work will focus on supporting peacebuilding within Tearfund’s twenty priority fragile states, the bulk of which lie within Africa and the Middle East.
Salary will be dependent on location.
All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
– Degree or equivalent level of knowledge in conflict resolution, development or related
– Experience of working across cultures in the area of conflict resolution or peacebuilding.
– Significant experience working within a development organisation
– Experience in Strategic planning
– Experience of Programme design and development
– Experience in Development of project proposals
– Strong written and communication skills
– Strong project management skills
– Proposal writing skills
– Skills in Budget development and management
– Good IT skills for project management
– Good presentation skills
– Delivery of tasks as per deadlines
– Good networking skills
– Good team working skills
How To Apply
Type: Full Time
Start date: 06/01/2021
Application Deadline: 04/26/2021
, ,United Kingdom