Philanthropy – 2019 Fundraising Consultant
Search For Common Ground
As Search for Common Ground (Search) seeks to expand its’ work and reach with new partners and funders in the New York City, Washington, D.C., London and other international regions. As the “Fundraiser,” the key focus of 2019 should be:
- Identify and engage partners
- Initiating or expanding relationships with potential partners and
- Building new partnerships.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Compile and provide lists for solicitation purposes.
- Work with the development staff to plan fundraising, including setting up appropriate meetings with partners and donors to establish a strong working relationship between them and the organizational team.
- Provide strategic advice and contacts for recruiting appropriate guests for strategic events and new donor prospects.
- Identify and contact potential dinner guests/contributors/sponsors according to a plan agreed upon by both.
- Set one-on-one and group meetings for CEO and executive leadership in established markets.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Candidates must be familiar with the New York City, D.C. and London philanthropic market and demonstrated experience raising funds, that include but not limited to six-figure gifts, as an external consultant.
This position will close on January 2, 2019.
How To Apply
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter
Please include the following in your cover letter:
- projected start date,
- proposal- please indicate your fee, give an overview of your experience and strategy. (Proposals can be submitted/adjusted after an initial phone consultation with the team.)
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our websitewww.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
Application Deadline: 01/02/2019