Philanthropy and Global Communications Intern
Search For Common Ground
Assist the world’s largest dedicated peacebuilding NGO in designing and implementing major fundraising and communications initiatives. As the Philanthropy & Communications intern, you will provide writing, research, project management, and creative support to the team’s activities. The intern will play a key role in designing and implementing a variety of fundraising and communications initiatives. Because the Philanthropy & Communications team works closely with the CEO’s office, the intern will also have an opportunity to work on special strategic and branding initiatives that are a priority for the executive team. Example initiatives that interns have contributed to in the past include our communications and advocacy efforts around a bill Search helped introduce to Congress; the development of our 10-year organizational strategy; the planning and execution of our annual flagship gala; a social media campaign elevating women peacebuilders; and the building of our pipeline of donors. You will report directly to the Administrative Assistant. This internship will begin September 16.
If you are a student and would like to earn course credit from your internship, we are willing to work with you to develop a comprehensive workload that is relevant to your field of study and professional interests.
We want our interns to make the most of this experience. To this end, we ask every intern to develop a set of strategic learning objectives at the beginning of their internship with their supervisor, outlining their key learning and professional needs. Search for Common Ground’s staff will work with you to ensure assignments are relevant to these learning objectives, and that you continue to grow throughout your internship.
**Please note that this internship will be remote until stay-at-home and shelter-in-place restrictions due to COVID-19 have been removed**
- Support the fundraising team with the development and cultivation of our donor pipeline, including researching creative methods for engaging our supporters and drafting communications materials for our donors
- Support the communications team with the creation and planning of communications campaigns and publications, including engaging in creative brainstorm processes, drafting messaging, from mid-length articles to eye-catching videos, and editing communications pieces
- Assist the events team with the planning and implementation of signature events, including researching attendees, tracking outreach, and preparing relevant materials for guests, speakers, and staff
- Work with the CEO’s office to advance the executive team’s strategic priorities, including drafting documents on behalf of the CEO, conducting research projects, writing grant and partnership proposals, and planning workshops and focus group discussions
- Provide logistical support for The Philanthropy & Communications Team
- Perform general administrative tasks as needed
- Attend events around the D.C. area to increase knowledge of peacebuilding and provide memo reports on said events
- Current student or graduate in Nonprofit Management, Conflict Studies, Political Science, International Philanthropy, Global Communications, or a related field.
- Experience in fundraising and / or communications
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills and the ability to draft, edit and proofread
- Excellent computer skills (including Word, Excel, various Web 2.0 tools)
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently and in a team;
- Interest in fundraising and organizational philanthropy;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Creative and thorough approach to work;
- Positive attitude and willingness to represent Search at professional events;
- Interest in evaluation of conflict resolution intervention
How To Apply