Process Evaluation Team Leader
Miss Scarlett Kassimatis - MEL Adviser
Background of the project
In recognition of UNSCR 2250 which calls for young people to have a greater and more meaningful role in local and national peacebuilding efforts the project aims to empower existing youth led-CSOs and youth groups to collaborate and lead their own peacebuilding initiatives at a local level, while at the same time creating spaces and opportunities for their voices to be heard by local and national policy makers. This will be achieved through detailed mapping and analysis of current youth led peacebuilding in the three contexts, bespoke capacity building and collaboration opportunities for selected organisations, the distribution of small grants to these groups to run their own initiatives and facilitating opportunities for young people to engage with their peers and decision makers on issues that affect them.
The project will take place in Eastern DRC, Pakistan, Mali and Central African Republic with young peacebuilders.
Objectives of the consultancy
- To co-design the process evaluation with hub organisations and participants and test the methodology
- To capture lessons and learning throughout the project cycle, providing recommendations for adapting activities
- To facilitate participant-led learning processes and lesson generation throughout the project cycle
- To present lessons learned and recommendations
- The candidate must be experienced in leading evaluation teams
- The candidate must have experience conducting Process evaluations
- The candidate must be experienced in youth participation and Participatory Action Research methodologies
- The candidate must be fluent in written English and in spoken and written French
- The candidate must have experience working with hub organisations and/or within programme cycles managed locally and internationally
- The candidate will preferably have some experience assessing small granting processes
- The candidate will preferably have experience working across multiple contexts in the same project.
How To Apply
Please send a CV, expression of interest and one example of a previous evaluation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: 09/01/2019
Application Deadline: 07/03/2019