Project Officer – Jordan
Search For Common Ground
Search for Common Ground is launching a new 16-month project in Jordan that aims to build the resilience of youth to survive and thrive when confronted with societal challenges. The project will employee capacity building and youth programmes to empower young people as active citizens able to implement creative solutions to issues in their communities.
We are looking for an experienced Project Officer to support project’s implementation along with Administration and Compliance Activities. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, he/she will be responsible for coordinating and building partnerships with key project stakeholders, coordinating Administrative and Logistics tasks of the project and support project documentation. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) based in Amman, Jordan.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Organize events, activities and visits to support the delivery of the Projects’ plan; including but not limited to external and internal stakeholders (including high level officials) team members, consultants and partners.
- Support in the documentation of the Projects portfolio and maintain all records.
- Support Project Manager to track and maintain project financial forms and reporting
- Create Procurement Requests and follow up on all procurement activities in line with policies and procedures
- Support the team on field visits, project events, training workshops
- Support the Project Manager in financial data entry, coding and reporting
- Provide administrative support to the Project Manager team, including official correspondence, visa applications, filing, information management, travel and transport booking, meeting scheduling, drafting documentation, printing and other ad hoc administrative tasks
- Provide support for meetings and events that the project may develop and manage
- Follow up partners, consultants and any stakeholder as requested by Project Manager.
- Ensures adherence to Search policies and procedures by all project team members.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position-holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- BA in Business Administration or related field.
- A minimum 2 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
- Previous experience with INGOs.
- Strong knowledge of local context and previous field experience in Jordan.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent coordination skills with good understanding of motivating and building teams including developing strong relationships with government, university administrations, youth and communities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and procedures, and able to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including logistics, correspondence, and financial reports.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic.
- Strong computer skills (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
How To Apply
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- Current resume
- Cover letter
Deadline for receiving applications is 14th November 2019
Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: 11/14/2019