[RE-ADVERTISMENT] Data Management Officer
Search For Common Ground
The Data Management Officer will work on Search’s response to Covid-19, supporting programmatic teams implementation of projects through data management and data analysis. The Officer will oversee the data collection from Search’s programming and through the organisation’s Global Impact Framework, analyse the data collected, and prepare reports/learning summaries to help inform future programming decisions.
The title of this position has changed from “Data Management Coordinator” to “Data Management Officer” for internal alignment. The duties remain the same. There is no need to reapply if you have already applied to the “Data Management Coordinator.”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key Area 1: Creation of a data management system. The Officer will lead the design and oversee the implementation of a data management system, in consultation with the Institutional Learning Team and in-country DME teams. The Officer will work directly with the program management team and ILT to identify data needs and support programmatic teams with regular data management protocols.
Key Area 2: Data collection and utilisation. Oversee the data collection and analyse data from Search’s programming in response to Covid-19. This includes; training and coaching of in-country staff on data collection and analysis, analysis of social behaviour change communication data, and support management and programmatic teams in utilizing data to inform conflict sensitive programming and adaptation in response to Covid-19.
Key Area 3: Produce quarterly reports and regular learning summaries from the insights gathered through the data analysis to be shared both internally and externally. For key learning opportunities, this will involve working with the Institutional Learning Team’s Communications Officer to create graphic summaries and accessible resources.
Key Area 4: Integrated learning on pandemic response with other key focal points across the organisation to ensure cross-project and program learning.
Working with the Global Program Manager, Program Staff, and the Institutional Learning Team, the Officer will support Search’s data collection, management, and analysis, report writing and review regarding programming in response to Covid-19. S/he will also support other special projects as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, data management in a NGO setting;
- Experience working in peacebuilding, rapid response, or humanitarian programming;
- Experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Familiarity with data management and analysis in social behavior change communications.
- Degree in data science, evaluation, peacebuilding, development, or related fields;
- Experience developing and implementing data management systems;
- Experience working in peacebuilding and conflict-transformation;
- Experience working in humanitarian and rapid response programming.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Fluent English, with French preferred;
- Proficiency with qualitative and quantitative data analysis software such as Tableau & Dedoose.
- Experience managing and handling large amounts of data;
- Excellent research and analytical skills including ability to use a logical and structured approach to manage both qualitative and quantitative information;
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute processes;
- Experience in data visualization preferable;
- Experience working with data, conducting data analysis, and turning data into easily understood concepts;
- Excellent writing and communications skills;
- Ability to think outside the box, and enjoy adaptive problem solving;
- Must enjoy working independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with a proactive approach;
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines.
We can only consider applicants with working permit or working rights in the EU.
How To Apply
Type: Full Time