Research, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist
Search For Common Ground
The REL Specialist on the Institutional Learning Team (ILT) assists with management of key research, evaluation and learning projects that are linked to Search’s global strategy and ILT’s associated Learning Agenda. S/he provides technical expertise on research methods and produces analysis and learning on key themes across projects to further our understanding of peacebuilding approaches. This role also includes oversight of deliverables, contract management, and financial management of programs. The REL Specialist ensures the successful delivery of high quality and timely products for external partners and audiences, and contributes to key fundraising opportunities for ILT strategic partnerships projects. This person collaborates extensively with external partners, peers, and donors while seeking maximum relevance in learning and applicability for internal use.
- Key Area 1: Technical expertise on research methods. Lead and support research initiatives and technical assistance activities, such as assessments, for projects focused on monitoring, evaluation, and learning. Collaborate across Search teams to provide technical assistance and training on research methods which may include design of qualitative and quantitative research, data analysis, and report drafting. Travel required.
- Key Area 2: Learning on key themes related to Strategy & Learning Agenda. Oversee and coordinate with those collecting data related to strategic learning efforts and research projects. Contribute to the identification of key learning themes from new and existing projects.
- Key Area 3: Grant management. Assist the Senior Program Manager for ILT with grants management, including financial management, contract management, draft key deliverables etc. Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions. Ensure timely project reporting for projects. Keep updated records, workplans, reports and / or proposals. Ensure implementation of policies and practices, including but not limited to contractual compliance for project grants.
- Key Area 4: Partnership development. Contribute ideas to strategy development and new project design. Represent organization at donor and partners’ meetings as appropriate.
- At least 7 years of experience in qualitative and/or quantitative research
- Experience working in the field of peacebuilding, international development;
- Advanced degree in a social science, peacebuilding, development, or related fields
- Experience leading both field-based and desk research initiatives
- Experience designing and leading trainings on topics related to research methods and learning
- 1-2 years of grants management experience
- Qualitative and/or quantitative digital data management skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Fluent English, with second language preferred
- Proficiency with qualitative and quantitative data analysis software such as Tableau & Dedoose
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute research and learning processes
- Experience working with data, conducting data analysis, and turning data into easily understood concepts
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to think outside the box, and enjoy adaptive problem solving
- Must enjoy working independently, as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with a proactive approach
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
How To Apply
Link to Job below.