Senior Evaluation Advisor
Management Systems International (MSI)
Ms. Maggie Buchanan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to MSI to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. USAID’s program in Pakistan is one of the Agency’s largest, most diverse and most dynamic, playing a crucial, high-profile role in the US Government’s foreign policy in Pakistan. Consequently, MSI’s Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) activity is also USAID’s largest and most active MEL platform. PERFORM provides USAID with comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, assessment, and learning support. PERFORM provides high-quality, timely data and information to help USAID improve results for this complex, fast-paced program through better implementation, design, and learning.
The Senior Evaluation Advisor will manage all aspects of PERFORM’s evaluations and assessments, including the following:
- Manage a team of highly motivated technical experts, including- researcher/data analysts, statisticians/senior data analysts, M&E specialists, and Sr. M&E Specialists.
- Design and plan a variety of cutting-edge evaluations and assessments s;
- Ensure each activity is of the highest quality and is delivered on time and on budget.;
- Determine appropriate staffing levels, recruiting qualified short-term consultants and specialists as needed;
- Supervise data collection methods and analysis;
- Ensure fieldwork and data analysis are conducted consistent with PERFORM standard operating procedures;
- Ensure all evaluation and assessment deliverables meet the highest quality standards;
- Collaborate closely with USAID/Pakistan staff, implementing partners and stakeholders to ensure evaluation utilization;
- Support PERFORM learning activities
- At least a master’s degree in research methods, social science, international development or a related field;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects;
- Demonstrated experience in complex project management; research methods; and project design;
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Experience in conducting performance and impact evaluations, surveys, assessments, and data analysis;
- Strong management skills with at least five (7) years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated collegial work style;
- Experience working in Pakistan or conflict-affected countries is desired;
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation and client management skills;
- Capacity and skills to work effectively in an environment that encourages collaboration, learning, and adaptive management.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How To Apply
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Type: Full Time