The Programs team has oversight on the management of restricted grants to drive impact and ensure compliance. The Programs team supports in-country Directors and Managers to effectively follow Search and donor policies and procedures regarding grant implementation. This function commences with the signing of a grant and completes with the final close-out. This involves monitoring, reporting, and where appropriate, engagement with donors. It involves oversight on both program quality and compliance, working in close collaboration with other departments, including Finance, the Institutional Learning Team, Strategy Alignment, Program Quality, Communications, and Human Resources. The Programs team aims to build and strengthen the capacity of program implementation at Search and with partner staff in-country.
- Leads risk management and mitigation in program implementation.
- Develops policies, tools, and templates for program implementation .
- Provides program implementation technical support.
- Leads capacity development and training.
- Creates and maintains an updated dashboard of key indicators around compliance of the entirety of Search’s grant portfolio.
- Analyzes the potential risks related to Search’s current program implementation practices and articulates recommendations for mitigation of risks.
- Compiles and renders usable the appropriate tools, tips, and guidance to help Search’s Program Managers to best comply with the relevant policies and procedures of Search’s donors as well as Search’s own standards.
- Curates and socializes the relevant training tools and guidance for the ensemble of Search’s donors as related to our current grant portfolio.
- Advises and trains program teams on donor compliance requirements and strengthens systems, policies, and procedures to assure compliance.
- Creates quarterly reports for Search’s leadership which highlight potential risk areas, recommendations for improvement, and metrics to measure change.
- Directly oversees the compliance of a strategic portfolio of grants, working in collaboration with the regional and country teams responsible for implementing these grants.
- Provides technical assistance and advice to Programs Managers across Search’s geographic portfolio.
- Conducts final cost review and ensures budget documents are endorsed by respective senior management prior to submission of proposals. May assist on assembly, final production, and quality control of pricing proposals.
- Provides Finance support in development of cost-related responses to post-submission donor questions/requests for revision.
- Leads reflection sessions with a view to developing action and corrective plans to be disseminated across the organization for better program implementation.
- Leads grants start ups and close out of key and strategic grants in the entire Search portfolio and positions the teams in a better technical position to implement and monitor compliance.
- Collaborates with other team members in developing policies and standard operating procedures on program implementation processes.
- Other duties that are broadly in line with the above key contributions as assigned.
Compentency Behavior Indicators (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Works collaboratively with senior managers and colleagues sharing senior expertise; builds teams for successful implementation of projects and programs.
- Effectively influences vendors, organizations, professional associations, partners, funders, and Search’s network of experts critical to the area of purview.
- Makes decisions on existing information when it may not be complete.
- Adapts to the personal style and preferences of colleagues to assess their needs and preferences; tolerates ambiguity.
- Articulates Search/function program/project goals and objectives within and external to Search; develops program objectives, indicators, and results; and participates in strategy development for the team.
- Provides input for standards across functions globally within Shared Services teams with the ability to create a best fit that considers international norms and compliance while supporting an organizational culture for work.
- Overcomes obstacles, including personal biases, by following Search’s ethics code in complex situations; displayed in activities as ethical principles and values that guide professional interactions.
- Assesses risks and opportunities in a complex environment and convenes discussions to lead to a favorable outcome.
- Establishes tools to monitor quality of work and verification of information.
- Has knowledge of project management tools including technology as resources and applies delegation skills to support the development of others, as well as the building of efficiency and reduction of stress.
- Supports employees in their efforts to achieve job goals (e.g., by providing resources, removing obstacles, acting as a buffer).
- Engages with Shared Services teams, cross-functional teams, and colleagues to produce innovative solutions.
- Uses analysis (costs, benefits, risks) to manage within a global standards and best practices framework.
- Guides colleagues, Shared Services teams, cross-functional teams, and direct reports toward learning resources for purposes of broadening skill sets and understanding for continued growth in both breadth and depth of knowledge for organizational functions, standards, and objectives.
Type and Nature of Contacts:
- Routinely coordinates with colleagues and consultants on-site and in the field and resolves problem situations with tact.
- Represents, as assigned, selected programs or projects and other organizations, including donors, vendors, and international and local partners.
- Interacts with the country office and regional staff.
Education and Experience:
- Typically BS/BA with minimum 12 years’ experience; a minimum of 2 years’ manager experience in a current functional area at Search.
- Knowledge of the West Africa context
- English and French required
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Usual office environment conditions; ability to travel internationally at least 20%.
Supervisory and Budget Responsibility:
- May supervise one or more staff members.
How To Apply
Incumbent will be posted in one of Search offices in the West Africa Region.
Applications are received until November 24, 5pm GMT. (12 PM EST)
Please apply via our website with the link provided. https://jobs.lever.co/sfcg/68d2b73d-5f86-4af2-b9cb-ea395785d745?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=DME%20for%20Peace