Senior Trusts and Foundations Officer
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Senior Trusts and Foundations Officer to help increase the impact of our work, by working within our Programme Development team to identify, apply and steward all our trust and foundation donors. This is an ideal role for someone with a passion for fundraising in international development who has been working in this field for a few years and is keen to progress to a more senior role.
We have a big ambition to change the way the international community responds to violent conflicts around the world, as well as to inspire the general public to support the work of local people on the ground who are working tirelessly to build peace. This is a very exciting time for Peace Direct, as we have been growing at a fast pace and are likely to grow even more in the coming years. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and take over the management of our portfolio of trust and foundation donors (both in the UK and abroad).
The ideal candidate will have experience managing relationships (including applications and reporting) with trusts, foundations and/or institutions (including experience securing gifts of £20,000 – £500,000). They will also have excellent research and communication skills and a high standard of written English. This role will work closely with our International Programmes team and our local partners to produce high standard applications and reports to new and existing donors. Given the breadth of our work, you will be fundraising for a range of projects in different contexts ensuring a huge variety of work. This is an exciting role, suitable for people who can manage multiple priorities and work to tight deadlines.
Finally, we are looking for someone who genuinely believes in our mission to stop violent conflict and build sustainable peace and who is excited by the prospect of joining a dynamic and growing international charity.
The deadline for applications is 27 February 2019. However, we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so early applications are encouraged although all applications will be given due consideration.
Only completed applications will be accepted and only applicants with the right to work in the UK will be considered.
- Conduct research into new funders for Peace Direct, including from US and Europe and institutional funders using www.trustfunding.org.uk and other databases.
- Proactively explore new avenues for funding.
- Develop new systems and processes to effectively track all funding opportunities.
- Participate in relevant networking meetings to learn from other fundraisers in the sector.
- Share upcoming funding opportunities with Peace Direct’s partners
- Prepare applications to Trusts and Foundations. Working closely with the International Programmes team and, where relevant, directly with partner organisations.
Donor reporting and administration:
- Lead on the reporting to donors for all grants in the portfolio, drafting high quality reports.
- Work closely with the International Programmes team to produce reports for donors.
- Accurately recording new leads, applications, reporting deadlines and other
communication in Salesforce.
- Forming relationships with Peace Direct’s trust donors to ensure effective
- Working collaboratively with the International Programmes team to collect information from our local partners for donors.
Identify and/or develop resources for Peace Direct’s partners to help improve their programme development and fundraising skills.
- Work very closely with Peace Direct staff to help deliver our strategy.
- Help ensure that the information from fundraising is effectively and efficiently communicated to other staff who need it.
- Provide any other support under the direction of Head of Programme Development.
- Work with colleagues to promote organisational learning.
- Participate in team learning activities, including thematic working groups.
- Contribute to PD’s publications, social media output, publicity events and other events, where appropriate.
- Occasional travel in the UK to represent Peace Direct externally.
- The position is based at Peace Direct’s office in London.
Discretion to Act:
- Working within the framework of the strategic plan, the post holder will take responsibility for their own work and for reaching targets set for them.
- At least three year’s experience managing relationships (including applications and reporting) with trusts, foundations and/or institutions.
- Experience of successfully securing £20,000 – £500,000 gifts from trusts, foundations and/or institutional donors.
- Excellent research skills and a high standard of written English.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent team working skills, with a passion for fundraising.
- Accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Well organised, taking a systematic approach.
- Ability to set own work timetable, meeting organisational deadlines and keeping all finance systems up to date.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence to represent the charity to donors.
- Experience of using CRM databases such as Salesforce.
- Experience working in a fast-paced international development organisation.
- Strong affinity with our cause.
How To Apply
Return the completed application to:
Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: 02/27/2019