The Search for Common Ground Finance Team seeks to achieve excellence in financial management by providing accurate and timely financial information to Search management and programs and by adhering to established financial practices and accounting principles.
The Budgeting and Analysis team has purview for facilitation of timely and accurate reporting and development of budgetary information to ensure compliance with donor and Search policies.
This position can be located in Washington DC or an International Search Office.
- Oversee and conduct continuous improvement in the quality of budgeting for project submissions.
- Review donor contracts to ensure compliance
- Monitor and evaluate donors project budget submissions for enhancements
- Ensure that donor budgets comply with Search and donor policies and regulations,
- Use financial operations experience in the non-profit INGO sector to conduct budget analysis and financial management in a non-profit accounting environment.
- Review donor budgets at one million USD and above per year and ensure adherence to Search and donor policies and regulations.
- Maintain and update the standard internal Search budgeting format for modifications by Country office Program and Finance to convert into the donor’s format.
- Closely work with Program Development staff to develop the procedures and techniques for budgeting protocols and narratives.
- Collaborate with HR and finance to develop and maintain a labor cost tracker for Conflict, Stability, and Security Fund (CSSF) and other fixed labor cost contracts.
- Develop budgeting procedures and tools to ensure consistency across the regions in close cooperation with the Program Development team.
- Provide guidance for contract mechanisms such as Time & Material, fixed price, etc.
- Develop training material and conduct training to finance and non-finance staff on budgeting.
- Support the Program Development team with technical negotiations with donors related to financial systems, procedures, and budgeting tools.
- Infuses organizational values into all work.
- Other duties are broadly in line with the above key contributions as assigned.
Competency Behavior Indicators (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Manages overall strategy and vision. Provides functional and program/project management. Anticipates and plans for needs and takes action accordingly. Provides guidance to direct reports or matrixed team members.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with vendors, organizations, professional associations, partners, funders, and Search’s network of experts critical to the area of purview.
- Modifies a planned course of action in response to new information or new circumstances.
- Responds to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
- Articulates Search/function program/project goals and objectives within and external to Search. Develops program objectives that reflect broader Search strategies and approaches.
- Provides input for standards across functions globally within Shared Services teams and with a view from a multicultural perspective that reflects consideration of other cultures, other viewpoints, and other ways of doing things.
- Overcomes obstacles using ethical practices; formulates and evaluates morally and ethically justified solutions.
- Assesses risks and opportunities to lead decision-makers to a favorable outcome.
- Checks the accuracy of one’s own and others’ work and sets up systematic checks and balances to support content and data integrity.
- Has knowledge of project management tools including technology as resources for efficiency and reduction of stress.
Type and Nature of Contacts
- Routinely coordinates with colleagues and consultants on-site and in the field and resolves problem situations with tact.
- Represents, as assigned, selected programs or projects and other organizations, including donors, vendors, and international and local partners.
- Interacts with the country office and regional staff.
How To Apply
Please apply via our website with the link provided https://jobs.lever.co/sfcg/a9e5a1f4-430c-45d4-9c60-1c67972aa9ab?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=DME%20for%20peace