Team Leader, Final Performance Evaluation Boma-Jonglei-Equatoria Landscape (BJEL) Project, Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project, South Sudan
Management Systems International
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Program Office requires support to assist USAID/South Sudan to effectively monitor, evaluate, and relay information about funded interventions. This study will focus on the BJEL project aimed at improving conservation of South Sudan’s wildlife populations, decrease poaching and movement of illegal wildlife and wildlife products through engagement with communities to strengthen natural resource management, local governance, and improve other livelihood interventions. Moreover, to decrease conflict over resource use, BJEL designed to strengthen community involvement and capacity to sustainably manage resources for their long-term interests as well as strengthen the capacity of South Sudan’s local organizations involved in wildlife protection, anti-poaching, and help implement livelihood activities in high priority biodiversity landscapes while fostering positive impacts to conservation, community security, and resilient livelihoods.
The team leader will take full responsibility for managing the team, organizing its work, and ensuring quality control and delivery of a final report acceptable to USAID standards. The team leader will participate in the team planning meeting and other preparation meetings, in addition to providing leadership in the creation of evaluation instruments and tools, conducting interviews, providing leadership in report writing and presentations.
The proposed dates are from June, 2017 – August, 2017 and the estimated Level of Effort (LOE) is 51 days.
- Participate in the team planning meeting and other preparation meetings as well as in selection of appropriate data collection methodologies, sampling and creation of corresponding interview instruments.
- Review documents as part of literature review and prepare a summary report of the literature review.
- Manage the data collection process including allocation of tasks to team members and ensuring the quality of the data being collected.
- Conduct interviews with identified respondents including governments, local CBOs, USAID or others as identified.
- Take leadership in drafting the evaluation report and presentations.
- Lead the drafting of the evaluation report, preparing in accordance with USAID’s “How to Prepare and Evaluation Report guidance.”
- Debrief the wider audience that include, USAID team, implementing partner (s), government invitees, and any other interested stakeholder.
- Lead the finalization of the report by incorporating USAID and stakeholder comments, and submit the report to MSI electronically.
- Ph.D. or MSc in natural resources/forest management, protected area management, or international development, evaluation economics or related social science.
- At least ten (10) years of experience, five (5) of which should be working in a developing country context in the field of improving biodiversity, livelihood opportunities, or engagements of a similar nature.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Experience leading large scale studies.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of USAID programming and methodology.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How To Apply
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com