Team Leader – Religion in Society project
Search For Common Ground
* Please note that the position is contingent upon contract award*
The Team Leader will lead the implementation of a project on Religion in Society on behalf of a consortium consisting of IPSI, the Network of Religious and Traditional Peacemakers, KAIICID, Religions for Peace, and lead by Search for Common Ground (Search). The overall objective of the project is to connect and empower civil society practitioners working on faith and social inclusion.
The Team Leader shall facilitate and coordinate the implementation of the project. He / She shall be responsible for ensuring quality deliverables and report throughout the duration of the contract. The Team leader will be based in Search for Common Grounds Brussels office and will need to travel minimum at least twice per year, in Europe, Africa, MENA or Asia.
The optimal candidate has extensive project management experience, having managed multiple consortium-led multi-country projects, preferably service contracts funded by the European Commission. The candidate has a profound understanding of the value of working in consortia, and has an inclusive and action-oriented leadership style, sensitive to intercultural and distance team-work dynamics.
Foreseen start date: February, 2020.
Please apply by November 11.
Scope of Position
Reports to: Europe Executive Director, Search for Common Ground, on behalf of the Consortium
Direct Reports: Project Assistant
Working relationships: Consortium Members, Search Global Director Religious Engagement, Search European Affairs and Partnerships Team
Budget Managed: Project contract budget
- Key area 1: Contract management. Manage the contract and lead the implementation of the project. Ensure compliance with all terms and conditions of the contracts, and ensure all deliverables delivered as per agreed-upon timeline.
- Key area 2: Activity implementation. The activities to be implemented as part of this contract will be shared between Consortium partners. The Team Leader will be in charge of some of these activities, including coordinating all aspects pertaining to these activities. The Team Leader will also have an active involvement in activities implemented by other consortium members.
- Key area 3: Quality assurance. Ensure quality assurance of the project, including high standards and harmony of methodologies and tools employed by the Consortium. Ensure proper systems for monitoring and evaluation of the project are put in place.
- Key area 4: Consortium coordination. Coordinate the global consortium and ensure that the project team is well managed. Ensure effective planning, team management and task coordination between consortium members. Ensure strong intra-consortium communication, and put in place a robust, reliable, and regular communication and management system. Support the work of the project’s Advisory Board.
- Key area 5: Reporting and communications. Act as main point of contact between the consortium and the contracting agency. Gather input and, in a timely manner, provide the contracting agency with interim and final reports. Ensure timely reports from consortium members to Search.
- Key area 6: External communication. To ensure strong communications, publicity, and advocacy regarding the project
Minimum Qualifications (please note we will only consider applicants that meet ALL of the minimum criteria):
- Advanced university degree (at least a Master’s degree) or equivalent in international relations, peace and conflict studies, social sciences, religion, social inclusion, public diplomacy, cultural diplomacy, public relations, conflict prevention and crisis response, intercultural education or equivalent
- OR equivalent and relevant experience of 4 years which must be additional to the general professional experience duration fixed below, and
- At least a level of C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in written and oral communication in English
- At least 12 years’ professional experience among the following areas: religion and social inclusion, public diplomacy, cultural diplomacy, public relations, conflict prevention and crisis response, intercultural education;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in working in activities involving religious actors in EU Member States’ and/or third countries
- Participation in at least two projects, preferably EU-funded, organizing exchange visits for civil society, including religious actors alongside other relevant non-religious actors.
- Participation in at least one project focused on the creation of transnational networks and/or alumni, ideally with a virtual meet-ups element.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent program and contract management skills.
- Outstanding coordination skills working with numerous partners across countries and time zones.
- Natural team leader – able to bring out the best in team players and build a cohesive team.
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent management, interpersonal, networking and facilitation skills.
- Proactive, detail-oriented and highly organized with an ability to multi-task.
- Financial management skills, including budget management.
- Solution-orientated positive personality.
- Working with People: The ability to respect the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy, listens, supports; consults others and shares information and expertise, builds team spirit and adapts to the team.
- Flexibility: The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, to tolerate ambiguity, to adapt personal style to different people and situations.
- Drive for Results and Efficiency: The ability to set quality standards, monitor and maintain quality of work, and set goals to achieve continuous improvement.
- Relationship Management: The ability to manage interactions, to provide service and to support the organization while building an effective internal and external network.
- Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with others, to effectively deliver critical information, to gather information and communicate with others.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties and be able to work cross-culturally.
- Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate Search vision, mission and core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
Please note that:
- We are unfortunately only able to consider applicants that currently hold the right to work in Belgium.
- The selected candidate will be asked to share a copy of the diplomas and employer certificates or references, or signed copies of consultancy or labor contracts, proving the professional experience.
- The selected candidate will be asked to sign a statement of exclusivity and availability.
How To Apply
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here.
- current resume
- cover letter
Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: 11/11/2019