Youth Outreach & Marketing Intern
Search For Common Ground
Term: Spring 2021
Salary: Unpaid (option to receive course credits)
Schedule: Full-time and part-time opportunities available
Overview: Assist the world’s largest dedicated peacebuilding NGO in launching transformative work with young people in the US.
Search for Common Ground’s work with young people in the US is a cross-departmental effort led by the Children & Youth team and the Development, Marketing, and Communications team. As the Youth Outreach & Marketing intern, you will be working closely with both teams to provide writing, research, project management, and creative support. The intern will play a key role in designing and implementing a variety of marketing, communications, and product development initiatives.
If you are a student and would like to earn course credit from your internship, we are willing to work with you to develop a comprehensive workload that is relevant to your field of study and professional interests.
We want our interns to make the most of this experience. To this end, we ask every intern to develop a set of strategic learning objectives at the beginning of their internship with their supervisor, outlining their key learning and professional needs. Search for Common Ground’s staff will work with you to ensure assignments are relevant to these learning objectives, and that you continue to grow throughout your internship.
Please note that this internship will be remote until stay-at-home and shelter-in-place restrictions due to COVID-19 have been removed
- Support the development of marketing strategies to attract more young people to our work
- Manage the social media accounts for our youth-focused sub-brand
- Conduct research on and support the cultivation of strategic partnerships with youth-led and youth-serving organizations
- Participate in design processes to create trainings, online communities, and other products that will equip young people with peacebuilding mindsets and skills
- Co-lead focus group discussions with youth cohorts
- Provide logistical support
- Perform general administrative tasks as needed
- Attend events around the D.C. area to increase knowledge of peacebuilding and provide memo reports on said events
- Current student or graduate in Nonprofit Management, Conflict Studies, Political Science, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Experience in marketing and/or communications
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills and the ability to draft, edit and proofread
- Excellent computer skills (including Word, Excel, various Web 2.0 tools)
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently and in a team;
- Interest in nonprofit marketing or communications;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Creative and thorough approach to work;
- Positive attitude and willingness to represent Search at professional events;
- Interest in evaluation of conflict resolution intervention
How To Apply
Please apply here (https://jobs.lever.co/sfcg/f5484f6d-00b8-420e-87b5-185cb4890be7?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=DME)
Salary: This is an unpaid internship
This position will close on January 15th.
Application Deadline: 01/15/2021