Future Trends in Global Peace | June 2021 with the Institute for Economics & Peace
IEP & DME for Peace
Analysis, Blog, Report, Uncategorized
ADVANCED, BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE
During the month of June 2021, DME for Peace partnered with the Institute for Economics & Peace (IEP) to showcase their work and highlight the launch of the 15th annual Global Peace Index.
- Global Peace Index 2021
- Featured Blog – World less peaceful as civil unrest and political instability increases due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Country Rankings – 2021 GPI Wall Chart
On June 24th, 2021, Executive Director (Americas) of IEP, Michael Collins, led our Thursday Talk discussion on “Future Trends in Global Peace”. Watch the recording here.
- Business and Peace 2021 – Analysing the relationship between the economic performance of a country and its levels of peace
- Mexico Peace Index 2021 – Identifying and measuring the factors that drive peace in Mexico and beyond
- Future Trends Newsletter – IEP’s free weekly roundup covering the stories that matter, for insight into the future
The Global Peace Index
Every year, IEP produces the Global Peace Index (GPI) report. The GPI is the most comprehensive data-driven analysis to date on peace, its economic value, trends, and how to develop peaceful societies. The report covers 99.7% of the world’s population and uses 23 qualitative and quantitative indicators from highly respected sources to compile the index. These indicators are grouped into three key domains: Ongoing Conflict, Safety and Security, and Militarization.
Past GPI reports, articles and interactive maps are available at: visionofhumanity.org
More on the Institute for Economics & Peace
IEP is an international and independent think-tank dedicated to shifting the world’s focus to peace as a positive, achievable and tangible measure of human well-being and progress. It has offices in Sydney, Brussels, New York, The Hague, Mexico City and Harare.
Twitter: @globpeaceindex / twitter.com/globpeaceindex
Facebook: @globalpeaceindex / facebook.com/globalpeaceindex